Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2007 edited

Project Admin

This is where you can get installation support for OIOpublisher Direct, discuss ideas for new features, submit bugs, or just chat with other members.

Enjoy the forum, and remember to check out the marketplace, and give regular feedback here!

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorstubsy
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2007

Please tell me how I install the hosted version on my site which is on the drupal platform

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2007

Project Admin

Once you have a listing submitted and approved, go to the following url:

http://www.oiopublisher.com/hosted.php

Then you can activate the hosted option for that link, which will take you to the settings page. Once you've configured the settings as you'f like them, go back to the page above and you should see the name of your listing. It will be linked to the hosted url, which you can then place anywhere on your site. Advertisers can then make a purchase, and you'll be notified, so that you can then review and deal with the purchase from the hosted control panel.

• CommentAuthorstubsy
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2007

• CommentAuthorGetWebHost
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2007

Where to edit the $title variable? I can't see it in the index.php file that you have a declaration someting like $title='';

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2007

Project Admin

In the current version you can't edit it outside of the file if you use widgets. You'll have to replace $title with your wanted title. It will be less of an issue in the next version, since I've changed things around to make it easy to edit.

If I have the current version, where do I replace the $title with my wanted title if I am using widgets? When is the next version coming out?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2007

Project Admin

Open oiopub-direct/index.php and do a file search for $title - then hardcode in the variable.

Next version should be out within the next few days; I have most things completed already. It should be well worth it. ;)

• CommentAuthorespreson
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2007 edited

Hi,
    I am getting following error activating the new V1.05 plug-in in my blog http://espreson.com/ ,
    "Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error."
    Please solve this problem..

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2007 edited

Project Admin

There was one error that was found early on after I uploaded it initially. Try re-downloading the plugin, and installing it again - it should solve the error.

If not, let me know.

• CommentAuthormaneesh
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2007

i was testing my installation.. it turned the follwoing error in both the test and live mode
    please choose a proper advertising url. and the purchase page remained.. it didn't move ahead...

the url i chose was http://www.financejargon.com .. wats a proper advertising url here?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Can you provide a link to the plugin on your site?

• CommentAuthormaneesh
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2007 edited

sure..
    the blog is http://www.unneglectable.com
    and the purchase php url..
    http://unneglectable.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/purchase.php
    and this is the link where i face the issue...
    http://unneglectable.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/paid-link.php

do you think not having SSL support on my domain might be the reason?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

I don't think it will be related to SSL support. Most likely, it's just the following function (used to see if a url is online) is not working correctly on your server:

It can be found in includes/misc-functions.php:

//url validate
    function oiopub_validate_url($url) {
    $m = @parse_url($url);
    $host = $m['host'];
    $path = $m['path'];
    if(empty($path)) $path = '/';
    if($sock = @fsockopen($host, 80)) {
    $header = "HEAD $path HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: $host\r\n\r\n";
    @fputs($sock, $header);
    while(!feof($sock)) {
    return @fgets($sock, 1024);
    }
    }
    return false;
    }

To test it out, you might want to comment out the function above, and put in its place:

function oiopub_validate_url($url) {
    return true;
    }

Unfortunately, it's hard for me to debug the precise problem without having access to the server.

• CommentAuthormaneesh

that worked simon...
    thanks !
    wud there b any security issue because of this?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

No security problems. All that function does is check to see whether the url exists, and is online. Without it, all that happens is that people can put in a string that isn't a url. It might be that your host doesn't support parse_url(), although it should do as long as php4 is used.

• CommentAuthormaneesh
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2007

It had to be me again.. :)
    Simon I installed the new version yesterday and I am facing the following issues...
    API Key-
    I get the following error when i paste and submit my API key..
    "API Key: (unable to connect to OIOpublisher to validate key, please try again) " .. Also the submit button is actually blank.. I mean there's jus the button and nothing written on it...

Editing my Listing-
    When I paste my purchase.php URL the page doesn't load properly, it returns a blank page here on oiopublisher and when i go back to my listing the purchase.php url text area is blank...

I was testing the purchase process..
    It went smooth, just that the links didn't show up after the purchase was made. I had bought a text link and an inline link. I have kept the option of approving ads before they are paid on. The approved the ads from the purchase manager section, but i didn't see get any mail in my inbox for any of these steps (as an advertiser). The funny thing was, these ads came up after I disabled the test mode .. basically the ads purchased during the test mode became live ads ..of course without payments...

now this won't be a major issue because I just need to disable the test mode from preventing unpaid ads going live.. but just thought I should let you know of this...

in the live environment the purchase went alright, just that in some cases the mails take a lot of time to come.. I still' haven't received email confirmations on one of my "test" live purchases (hope u got that :p)

this is not a complaint post.. just the things I am seeing and facing...
    my host I guess has a role in some of these issues but don know for sure...

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2007

Project Admin

I think the API Key and editing issues will be connected - most likely the server was slow for some reason - so it didn't return a response for the key, and timed out when trying to edit the listing. Should be ok if trying again now.

The mail not being sent is all down to the host. The only thing you could do would be to substitute the current mail function with an SMTP function:

function oiopub_mail_client($to='', $subject='', $message='') {
    global $oiopub_misc;
    if(!empty($oiopub_misc->admin_mail) && !empty($to) && !empty($subject) && !empty($message)) {
    require_once('Mail.php');
    $from = $oiopub_misc->admin_mail;
    $headers = array('From' => $from, 'To' => $to, 'Subject' => $subject);
    $host = "HOST";
    $username = "USERNAME";
    $password = "PASSWORD";
    $smtp = Mail::factory('smtp', array ('host' => $host, 'auth' => true, 'username' => $username, 'password' => $password));
    $smtp->send($to, $headers, $message);
    }
    }

The above function requires your host has PEAR installed as part of php, but most do. You just need to add your smtp host, username and password. Beyond using an smtp function like that, there is nothing more you can really do with the mail.

I think you are referring to link test mode above. That is for viewing how your links will look on the page, and will stop any purchased links from showing. When conducting testing, you only need to enable test pay mode.

I saw the missing button text - I've corrected that. I'd re-download the latest files and upload them all again, just to make sure everything is running smooth. :)

• CommentAuthorehoteliers
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008 edited

I have updated the plugin from 1.3 to today's version.

I had deactivated the plugin before overwriting the folder on my ftp.

Here is the error message I get on front page of my site:

WordPress database error: [Unknown column 'item_nofollow' in 'field list']
    SELECT item_id,item_url,item_anchor,item_tooltip,item_nofollow FROM wp_oiopub_purchases WHERE item_channel='2' AND item_type='1' AND item_status='1' AND payment_status='1'

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008

Project Admin

Problem solved via email. Anyone else receiving a similar error, you should go to your database manager (eg. phpMyAdmin), and click the SQL tab. Add the following line of code and click Go:

ALTER TABLE wp_oiopub_purchases ADD item_nofollow int(10) NOT NULL default '0'

For future reference, I may change the way the upgrade script functions (the script that automatically fires when a new version contains any database alterations). A couple of people have reported errors when making a large upgrade.