Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorjshare
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008

Some statistics plugins have a hard time getting the numbers right when wp-cache2 is enabled (might also be the case with Super Cache). Are there are any known issues with OIO? I can imagine that geotargeting may not work properly if wp-cache2 is enabled.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008 edited

Project Admin

I would imagine it wouldn't work at all. The geo code is called at the plugins_loaded hook, which is too late once wp-cache is in play. Even if it were moved forwards however, you wouldn't be able to use it, because you still have to call the ad output function.

WP-cache is a great plugin, but it will make rotation and geotargeting near impossible in OIO without a lot of work to try and work around it.

You could of course side-step the problem by using the new javascript alternative, which is called independently of the cached page.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008

Project Admin

Just tested it - definitely won't work with the cached pages, unless using the javascript version.

• CommentAuthorjshare
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008

Thanks for going so far, Simon

• CommentAuthorjshare
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2008

Just a followup in case anyone else looks at this. wp-cache2 does allow some php calling from the cache using the mfunc syntax created by Staticze, which the plugin was somewhat based on. However, you don't have access to WP functions at that point, so this is only useful for your own functions that you store a copy of in the cache directory.

• CommentAuthorjshare
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2008

Simon, can you point me at an example of how I could use geotargeting via js?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008

Project Admin