Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthordotca
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010

Hello, most of the advertisers on my site are local businesses, not really savvy with how internet advertising works beyond their understanding of impressions and clicks.

I'm finding that our advertisers are getting confused by the eCPC, eCPM and CTR stats for their advertisements and I wondered if there was a way to remove the columns for those from their weekly stat emails and live stats url on the page.

Is it as simple as commenting out a few lines in one of the /includes files?

Thanks!

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010 edited

Project Admin

That particular table is created in the file:

/modules/tracker/oiopub-load.php

In the function called:

stats_page

You'll need to delete the 'cells' (<td> elements) for both the column headings you want to remove and the data itself.

For example, the eCPC heading cell you'd need to delete looks like this:

<td><b>eCPC</b></td>

And the data cell looks like this:

<td>" . $cpc . "</td>

Is it possible not to display the following 3 columns in the front dashboard as requested above (CTR, eCPM, eCPC) but still track and display them in the admin dashboard in the backend? If so, please guide me all the steps for both the front and back end.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016

Project Admin

Yes, it requires a couple of edits in OIO's "/modules/tracker/oiopub-load.php" file:

1.) Find and remove the appropriate columns (including the <td></td> that surrounds each one you delete):

echo "<tr><td><b>" . $type . "</b></td><td><b>Ad Clicks</b></td><td><b>Ad Impressions</b></td><td><b>CTR</b></td><td><b>eCPM</b></td><td><b>eCPC</b></td></tr>\n";

2.) Do the same for this line of code, which is a few lines below:

echo "<tr style=\"background:$bgcolor;\"><td>" . $r->id . "</td><td>" . $r->tc . "</td><td><a style='text-decoration:none;' href='javascript://' title='Ad impressions recorded over " . intval($daily_visits[$r->id]) . " separate page loads'>" . $r->tv . "</a></td><td>" . number_format($ctr, 2) . "%</td><td>" . number_format($cpm, 2) . "</td><td>" . number_format($cpc, 2) . "</td></tr>\n";