Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

For the record, it turned out that I was using the wrong Zone ID for the ad placement, thanks Simon for catching up to it.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011

Project Admin

No problem, glad we got it resolved.

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011 edited

"Since I posted this on the wrong thread, sorry for the duplicate entries, will pay attention next time :)"

Hi Simon, based on your last advice, which made a lot of sense, I'm relocating the ad zones across the sites and using the Redirect purchase setting to help ease the target ad zones, thank you by the way, always nice to think outside the box when it comes to delivering solutions.

• CommentAuthorjohnh44
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2011 edited

Back to original topic ... I understand that if I use the post id# for the subid and have an ad with that subid, it will display. But what about posts for which I do not have an ad -- can I display a default ad?

HOUR LATER -- I figured this out; it will show the default "advertise here" space filler house ad or some other ad (if they exist) in the zone.

HOWEVER: A corolary to using this fabulous feature (subid) is that you must always use it if you intend to keep any ads exclusively on pages matching the subid.

Also, in WordPress if you're using permalinks to make %postname% the slug for your posts, you can use that slug as your subid:

if(function_exists('oiopub_banner_zone')) {
    $zone_id = 3;
    //ad zone options (including the subid)
    $options = array(
    'position' => "center",
    'subid' => $post->post_name, // THIS IS THE POST'S SLUG
    );
    oiopub_banner_zone($zone_id, $options);
    }

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011

Project Admin

Thanks for your input!

• CommentAuthorjwates
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2011

I was having a few issues with understanding this properly, but johnh44's post really helped and using his PHP has it all working now for me.

I have another issue now which I think I have found a fix for in the forums but it means I need to use Javascript rather than PHP, I am trying to make the banners "Auto-Refresh" rather than changing when I load the page again... so my question is what do I replace the PHP [seen in johnh44's post above] in my WP header with, what javascript do I use?

Sorry if this is obvious, but any help would be really appreciated!

OH and for your information, I mentioned that I was having a problem seeing banners on my Windows server, this does only seems to happen on a Windows server, when I use the same plugin and code on Linux server its fine... so there may be an issue there!

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Porting johnh44's php code to javascript would look something like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/js.php?type=banner&zone=3&position=center&refresh=10&subid=<?php echo $post->post_name; ?>"></script>

In that example, I've used an auto refresh timer of 10 seconds. You'll also need to replace yoursite.com with your domain name.

• CommentAuthorjwates

PERFECT, thanks for the really quick reply, I have tried it and it seems to work fine.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011

Project Admin

Thanks for letting me know.