Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorstokes
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010

This is a bit different but I would love to be able to do it.

I have installed a stand alone version on domain A.

I want to display ads on domain B and C in a very specific way.

I have a "sticky" footer nav bar that is always on top, users can close it open in via jquery.
    It is an unordered list, with list items that expand to another unordered list.
    Example

I would really like to have the second unordered list be able to expand to show the ads purchased on domain A. These other domains are wordpress sites, the javascript ad code loads and then covers the entire page with the single ad with a white background.

the php version just gives me a white screen.

Do you think that I can get this to work?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010 edited

Project Admin

You cant do it with the javascript code (or even the php code), since you need the raw ad data in order to integrate it with the toolbar. There is, however, a way to get the raw data from OIO.

I can show you how to access the raw data (using OIO's "json" data format), but integrating that data into the toolbar isn't something I can offer much help with:

* You'd need to ask the toolbar author, or someone familiar with it, how to insert and format data to be put into a list (if you don't know how).

* When clicking on an ad in the list, a javascript overlay would be required and the ad url loaded into it. jQuery can be used to create overlays, but I couldn't tell you the best method to do it.

--------

The json url works as follows (replace X with the zone ID you want).

http://mysite.com/path/to/oiopub/json.php?type=link&zone=X

Below is an example that would grab the json array produced by the link above and convert it to a php array that can be used on your own web page (and so is available to use with the toolbar):

<?php
    $ads = file_get_contents('http://mysite.com/path/to/oiopub/json.php?type=link&zone=X');
    $ads = json_decode($ads);
    ?>

The $ads variable represents a php array, containing information (eg. target url, ad text) about all the active ads in that zone.

--------

Apologies that I can't be of more help, but you're asking for something very specific that needs to be integrated with another app (the toolbar). OIO can provide the ad data, but using that data in other apps isn't something I can realistically support.

• CommentAuthorstokes
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010

Simon,
    You gave me more info that I really thought that you would...thanks you very much.

I will let you know how it turns out.