Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorRedspain
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010 edited

The plugin doesn't show banner ads in attachment (images, audio, etc) pages and subcategoies (child categories) when categories are selected from admin panel. It's look like attachments are filtered or not take in care...

The situation:

- I've 3 categories. Category "One" have two child subcategories.

- Set up 3 different banners by categories (one to each category).

It's work fine in categories pages and posts but doesn't work in attachment pages and subcategories, here not show any ad.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010 edited

Project Admin

The categories logic is the same as the Wordpress category logic, as far as I'm aware. Imagine you have two categories setup - 'Sports' and 'Football' - where football is a child of sports.

* if a Wordpress post is placed in the football category, it will show up in both the sports and football categories. In the same way, an ad placed in the football category will show up in both sports and football (since football is a sport).

* if a Wordpress post is placed in the sports category, it won't show up in sub-categories such as football. In the same way, an ad placed in the sports category won't show up in football (since sport isn't a football).

------

Category filtering is used on category pages, using the Wordpress conditional "is_category()" and single post pages, using "is_single()". On all other pages category filtering is ignored, so you should get a random selection of all ads displayed (regardless of category).

I can experiment with the "is_attachment()" conditional; as long as Wordpress allows you to grab the categories the attachment is associated with, then it would work in the same way as "is_single()".

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics