Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorixian
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010 edited

I have OIO Publisher installed on one of my WP3 sites and use it just for serving my own banners.

I used Javascript output code to serve a banner on one of my html websites and everything worked fine. However I have just noticed that the banner is no longer being served on the html website.

I've tried de-activating and re-activating the plugin, re-enabling the adzone but nothing seems to work. I have double checked and re-pasted the javascript code in the html website and still the banner will not show.

I have just recently upgraded my WP3 site to the latest version, WP3.01 and I am thinking that this issue may be related to this latest upgrade.

Also, if you view the OIO plugin on the plugin page in WP it shows a version of 2.27 but your website shows the latest version as 2.26.

Any help will really be appreciated.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010

Project Admin

What happens if you try viewing the javascript url itself in your browser, does anything show up there at all?

• CommentAuthorixian
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010

If I paste the javascript url into my browser eg: httpxx://mysite.com/oiopub/js.php?type=banner&align=center&zone=2 my browser redirects to httpxx://mysite.com/install.php

I have installed OIO Publisher as a stand-alone application on my domain and the javascript code works, the banners are being published on my different sites.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010 edited

Project Admin

How have you got WP3 setup? Is it a single install site, or the new "WPMU" install mode?

• CommentAuthorixian

I have it set up in the "WPMS" mode but have your plug-in activated for the main blog only. Everything else works normally except for the javascript code.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

It could well be something to do with WPMS mode - the re-direct to install.php could be caused by code that was meant for the older WPMU site, but conflicting with WP3's implementation.

I'll check it out this evening and see if I can re-create it.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

I wasn't able to replicate it unfortunately, but if you want to send over some FTP details via the contact form, I can check it out for you.

• CommentAuthorForArgyll
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2010

Hi, I have the same url redirect problem on http://forargyll.com. The ads on the top leaderboard are redirecting to http://forargyll.com/install.php using wp 3.01 multisite with 2.24. Am going to upgrade to 2.26, but any help here would be appreciated as I have some unhappy advertisers. Ta.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2010 edited

Project Admin

Same advice as above - if you're able to send me FTP details via the contact form, I can debug for you. I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my test setup, so this is the quickest way to solve it.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2010

Project Admin

@ixian - I was sent FTP details by ForArgyll and as a result added a patch to one of the files that should fix the issue in your case as well.

If you download the latest code and re-upload the "include/config.php" file, the redirect to install.php should stop.

It will be released as an official patch (v2.28) shortly.

• CommentAuthorixian
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010

@Simon - Great, thank-you very much. :)