Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthornyunyu
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2010

I just finished a new installation of OIO 2.28 on my site and looks like how many times I tried, it won't show Google Adsense.

I try using the adsense code on the site and it works.
    So, definitely something to do with the script. Hope you can take a look on this Simon.

PS** also my other issue about changing text link style.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2010 edited

Project Admin

Are you using OIO's javascript code to try and display adsense?

There's an inconsistency with the way different browsers handle javascript code executed within javascript (related to the document.write function).

Unfortunately I can't do anything about that, since it's not a problem caused by OIO, but a more general one with the way javascript works (I did quite a bit of work on it a while ago, but never found a solution).

The ways round it are:

* display adsense without OIO
    * perform a php integration with your site and OIO (so ad zones can be shown without javascript)

PS. I also tested an adsense ad and it did displayed correctly in 2.28 (not withstanding the javascript issue mentioned above)

• CommentAuthornyunyu
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2010

I used both, the PHP and Javascript and both didn't display adsense.
    Right now I use adsense code without OIO.

Ok, I know the reason why.
    I use js.php and js_http.php to show auto refresh text link.
    And that successfully show the text link auto refreshed BUT render the other not working.

Any chance you can fix that so it will still let banner working?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2010 edited

Project Admin

Ah, that makes sense. If an ajax call is made, then any javascript content returned isn't executed (again, that's just how javascript / xmlhttp works).

One solution is to contain the google ad within an iframe (since then the javascript is executed independently of the ajax call), but then the ad will not have access to your page's content.