Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

Previously, I was using OIO standalone 2.27 and could see the Latest News on the main admin page. After upgrading via the web installer, the Latest News block now shows the following:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /banners/iframe/news-feed.php on this server.

Also see screenshot at http://screencast.com/t/YTU3YjNkYT

It also shows a 404 error but that is for my lack of having a 404 error page.

Anyway, I checked the permissions for the iframe directory (0755) and the news-feed.php file (0644) and both have read permissions for all.

Fortunately, the overall upgrade seems to have gone quite smoothly except for this one tiny problem. Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010 edited

Project Admin

Are you able to view that page directly (eg. by right-clicking on the 403 error and selecting the view iframe option) when logged in?

It could be be something as simple as needing to clear the browser cookies and cache, then logging back in again. You could also try deleting that one file and re-uploading it manually, to see if it makes any difference.

Are you able to view that page directly (eg. by right-clicking on the 403 error and selecting the view iframe option) when logged in?

Tried that and it didn't work either.

It could be be something as simple as needing to clear the browser cookies and cache, then logging back in again.

Tried that, too.

You could also try deleting that one file and re-uploading it manually, to see if it makes any difference.

No luck there either. :(

Obviously, it's not critical, but that is the first thing I look at when logging in because I like to stay updated. :)

Thanks for your help!

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010

Project Admin

Hehe, glad someone finds it useful! Just a pity you can't actually use it now...

The only other thing I'd suggest would be to delete the entire "iframe" folder and re-upload it. 403 errors are rather vague unfortunately.

Bummer. That didn't work either. Oh well.

• CommentAuthorMegademic
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011

I am having exactly the same issue with the news feed - and this is with a clean install. I can view the news-feed.php file directly in my browser, but it always says "Blog feed not found". If I view it via the admin area, I get the message:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /iframe/news-feed.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The script is installed on a subdomain.

Thanks

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011

Project Admin

I can only imagine it's related to file permissions in some way, but I don't know why it's only happening when viewed via an iframe.