Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthoralexdeluxe
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2010

What do you think about an integrated invoicing system for OIO clients and ads? Or is it already possible to integrate any other billing system?
    My problem is, that i have to make a "yellow pages" homepage, which i want to base on your plug-in. But the client wants to have a billing system integrated. What can i do? (Sorry for my bad english).
    Kindly Regards, Alex

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

What's the billing system you had in mind? I imagine it would be possible to integrate with OIO, assuming the billing system allows you to pass in external variables (as happens for paypal, 2checkout etc).

I also have a template payment module, containing code comments in all the php files so you can see how a payment system might be used with OIO.

Thank you very much for your fast response. I was thinking about "phpinvoice.com" with an owend licence. Do you think we can connect yours and their system?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2010 edited

Project Admin

I'm not quite sure - what kind of integration are you looking to achieve? Could you outline how you see them working together (eg. the purchase / payment process)?

• CommentTimeOct 13th 2010

My client has sellers, they get the ads. One special person will place the ads into the system. They'll sell banner-Ads and Posts. At the moment the activate the ad, a invoice has to be prepared and send to the client. the clients pay per bank transfer, credit card or paypal...
    Thanks, Alex

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2010 edited

Project Admin

Ok, sounds like you'd need to grab the relevant data from OIO at the point at which the ad is approved. I'm not sure how that would work on the phpinvoice side (eg. maybe they have webservices to receive external data to create an invoice?).

On the OIO side, there is a file called "include/approvals.php", inside of which is a method called "approve". That's the place you would most likely want to grab whatever data phpinvoice needs and send it to their application by whatever means they provide.

• CommentTimeOct 13th 2010

Thanks a lot for your help!!

• CommentTimeOct 16th 2010

Me again, sorry... BUT: what about connecting WP-invoice for ex. with your plugin? Or any other suggestion? I think it's important that also clients get a proper invoice after adding and paying their ad via OIO? I'm not shure if i can deliver my client a satisfied solution ;-( Regards, Alex

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010 edited

Project Admin

I tried to have a look at wp-invoice, but got error messages when trying to activate. I've never looked into invoicing, so I'm afraid it's not something I can offer much advice on.

I think the process would be the same, no matter what system you wanted to use with OIO though. When the ad is approved, the relevant data would be sent to the invoice application (from the "include/approvals.php" file), and inserted as a new invoice, emailed out etc.

• CommentAuthorMarxeo
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2014

Hey, i am interested to buy OIO. But also for me, i need an invoicing system. Now three years later, is there a solution for this problem?

Imo it is a musthave feature for such a good plugin. In many Countries Invoices are responsibility.

thx in advance
    greets
    marxeo

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2014

Project Admin

Afraid not, invoicing was never a particular plus point for most users.