Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorindeepdark
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010

Everything is in the title : is it possible to administrate a revenue sharing program using OIO ? i.e. sum the revenue each month and redistribute it between admin and author, based on the "popularity" of each author, where popularity should be an algorithm between page view / new post / etc...

Would be a great function !

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010

Project Admin

Whilst you can collect all the revenue using OIO, and display the ads automatically, any "post-processing" done on the revenue (ie. splitting it up each month between authors) is outside of its current capabilities.

Maybe the best solution would be to look for a stats plugin to track the number of posts / views each author gets? That way you could pretty easily use the OIO revenue data and the posts / views data to split up commission each month (eg. via an excel spreadsheet) and then make a payment (I use paypal to make multiple affiliate payments at once).

• CommentAuthorindeepdark
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2010

My problem is that there is no plugin able to collect paypal email address from my author and sent them paiement... Plus no plugin able to collect stat on a per author basis...

I understand my request is quite hard to setup, but it would be a great addition to OIO.

Mixing OIO and an adsense revenue sharing plugin (which seems to be possible), is there a possibilities to force OIO plugin to display X% of time admin ads (i.e. OIO managed ads) and Y% of time adsense revenue sharing ads ?

Thanks for your help

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2010 edited

Project Admin

OIO's ad selection method is limited to randomised ad loads on each page view. There's no concept of 'weighting' how often ads should appear (although it is something I'm looking into).

I appreciate the idea behind what you're trying to achieve with revenue sharing between authors, using a plugin to hande it all automatically, but in the short-term it's not something I'd be able to support (there are other things that are currently higher priority).