Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010 edited

Hi,

I have two questions:

#1 - Currently I use a paid version of Max-Banner-Ads that consumes a lot of CPU usage, and hostgator suspended my website. They told me Max-Banner-Ads is a resource hog. Have there been any complaints about OIOPublisher being a resource hog, and do you offer money back guarantee if I encounter the same issues as MBA?

#2 - Is there a way to put post tags in an individual blog post? For example, I use <!--MBA:Zone=3--> for my post tag for MBA. Does OIO have this feature? I can't seem to find information on this and could be a deal breaker if this doesn't allow me to have the capability to strategically put the banner in post where I need it.

Thanks in advance for your help

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010 edited

Project Admin

1.) I've never received many complaints about resource usage, but if you've got a site that "just about copes" then additional load may cause a problem. There's a 14 day money-back guarentee, should you experience issues (although I'd be surprised if we couldn't solve them, if that was the case).

2.) Post tags aren't currently in the main script, however there is an "addons" plugin I put together that does that exact job. You can view more about it here.

The format is [% oiopub-banner-1-left %] - banner ad, zone 1, left aligned. It could probably also be configured to take any of the existing MBA tags and convert them to OIO equivalents.

• CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I don't think my site is one that is just coping, though I do use a lot of plugins. Max-Banner-Ads-Pro is one that is constantly getting tagged by HostGator. I think it's poorly written and it's nearly impossible to get support from the guys at MaxBlogPress.

I like the addon you mention, that should work great with the Search & Replace plugin to update all the old Max-Banner-Ads tags.

I have a lot on my plate right now, I need to hire a guy to help optimize my site to use less CPU and remove some of the 'less important' plugins. But I am definitely going to buy your product. I like to buy 'paid' plugins so I get better support, and the support here seems to be so much better than MaxBlogPress.

• CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010

Simon,

I found this works for in post

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/js.php?type=banner&align=center&zone=1'></script>

Would you advise not doing it this way and doing the addon way that you advised above? Does this consume a lot of server resources doing it this way?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010 edited

Project Admin

Using javascript will mean that OIO loads for a second time (ie. it loads as part of WordPress, and it loads once for the javascript).

Whilst using multiple javascript tags on one page doesn't cause OIO to load more than twice, if you're concerned about resource usage then I'd recommend using the addons plugin. OIO is then only ever loaded once on each page load.