Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthormodified
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011

Hi Simon

This is my understanding of current ad selling options.

Basically you set up zones in which ad slots are made available. The Advertiser then purchase slots for fixed durations (e.g. 7 days, 30 days) defined by the site admin. If there are no available slots, the ad purchased goes into queue (if enabled) and becomes active when the current ads expire.

In effect, this is a first-come-first-served model.

My question is, how will the advertiser know accurately when the ads will be served? For example if the advertiser wants to buy ad space for a promotional item, which is valid for a fixed period, e.g. 1 January to 31 January, there is no way to do so?

In a similar vein, can I set up ad slots by date periods? I want to set up slots weekly, so that I can have targeted variable pricing. For example, in the weeks leading up to Christmas, I want to charge $X dollars per slot per week, otherwise it will be $Z dollars as usual. Or if I see weak demand for certain weeks, I may want to offer a discounted price for those specific weeks.

Are these scenarios possible currently?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011

Project Admin

There is currently no way to handle fixed dates, other than purchasing the ad on the day or having the admin setup the ad via the admin area manually.

As for changing ad price based on demand / time of year, you can change the price of an ad zone at any time, but it wouldn't affect existing ads until they came up for a renewal (at which point, the advertiser would need to choose one of the prices currently available).

• CommentAuthormodified
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011

Thanks for the information.

Are there plans in the pipeline to support something like this? Or is i5 possible to extend it through 3rd party plugins?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011

Project Admin

I would certainly like more scheduling options available, since its a feature that would cater to a different type of audience, however it's unlikely to be something that is seen in the very near future.