Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorJFK99
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2011

Hi.
    I use a custom post type theme and of course the blog. Each have different categories.

At banner purchse, when selecting which category to display the banner, Only the Blog categories shows in the dropdown. It seams, oio doesn't recognizes the custom post type categories.

Is there a fix for that - so banners can be sold by categories - no just in a blog categories?

Thanks

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2011 edited

Project Admin

Custom post types aren't currently supported (the standard WordPress category functions are used). I'm not sure how categorising works for custom types, so for the moment I can't give you much more info, I'm afraid.

• CommentAuthorJFK99
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011

Simon.
    So are you saying that it only works with old wordpress type (the basic blog) and can not work with site with taxonomy catogories?

So banners can only display in blog categories - and not with site categories (taxonomy - custom type)?

Thanks

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011

Project Admin

Correct, the site categories (non-blog) appear to use a completely different set of functions to the blog, so they aren't currently picked up by OIO (which uses the standard category functions).

• CommentAuthorJFK99
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011

Hi Simon.

When will OIO be able to work with custom taxonomy catogories?

Every newer WP use custom taxonomy.

It is important - so we who own OIO, able to put banners on custom taxonomy catogories, not just an the blog, but on the website.

It's really important.

If however OIO wont keep up with WP (as being a WP plugin), then I would have to swith to a different banner system, which would make purchasing OIO is a wasted money.

I'm sure I speek for other OIO owners.

Thanks

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011

Project Admin

It is something I am looking into, now that v2.5 is complete. At this stage, I'm simply looking at the capabilities of custom taxonomy, how they can be applied to WordPress content (posts) and what the best implementation method would therefore be.

I can't say when this featue would make it in, since (as with anything else) it needs to be researched then prioritised based on the time I have available.

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011

If it helps, I know some plugins are able to fetch the declared custom posts, I dont how or where, maybe in the functions.php file or theme-functions.php, I think WP-Twitter does it, was supposed to purchase that plugin sooner or later.

I myself am facing an issue with custom posts and OIO, would definitely make a tremendous and smart targeting distribution for the users knowing their ads are displayed in relative page content.

Is there a manual workaround we can try in the meantime?
    Saw a code modification being done once in a functions.php file as follow:

//CUSTOM TYPES & TAXONOMIES
    define ('CP_AD_LISTING_CP_TYPE','ad_listing'); // custom post type name (do not change!)
    define ('CP_AD_CAT_TAXONOMY','ad_cat'); // CP categories custom taxonomy name (do not change!)
    define ('CP_AD_TAG_TAXONOMY','ad_tag'); // CP tags custom taxonomy name (do not change!)

Simon, any updates on Custom post advertising? Its been a while since you've released an update, quit slacking off ;)

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2017

5 years later.. Hey Simon... any updates yet for the Custom taxonomies? *sigh* :)