Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorMoonworks
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011

Is there a way to make sure that ads on a page don't repeat? So if I have 4 ads of a certain size, how do I make sure that they are unique ads?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011 edited

Project Admin

Are you displaying the same zone multiple times on a page? If so, then check out the 'repeats' custom parameter for ad zones, which will filter out duplicates.

If you are displaying the same ad in different zones (or have added the same ad multiple times to one zone), then duplicates can't be filtered out. This is because OIO doesn't know whether separate ads are the same as each other or not.

• CommentAuthorMoonworks
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011

Thanks, that sorted it out.

I'm not so worried about a repeat in different zones, it is just on the same zone it looked weird :)

• CommentAuthorlisacole
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015

thanks for the http://forum.oiopublisher.com/discussion/520/customising-the-ad-manager/#Item_5 link but I don't understand where you would put the code

Do I make a text box and add the php? if so, what do I add to it to stop the ads repeating. I can see the text but I don't know the syntax. Need more help please.

• CommentAuthorlisacole
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2015

It would be really lovely if someone could help me here, the level of support is a bit dismal.
    I have installed a plugin so I can add php but I have no idea of the syntax to stop the ads repeating. I need more than just the options, I need someone to tell me what to write and where to put it.

PLEASE! This is getting really urgent.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2015

Project Admin

Sorry for the delay. The php code example for banner ad zone #1 would be:

<?php
    if(function_exists('oiopub_banner_zone')) {
    oiopub_banner_zone(1, array(
    'align' => "left",
    'empty' => -1,
    'repeats' => false,
    ));
    }
    ?>

• CommentAuthorlisacole
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2015

thanks, I can't get that to work at all. I'm using advanced text widget and copying and pasting exactly. Any ideas appreciated.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015

Project Admin

Assuming the ad zone itself is appearing when you use that code in the widget, then it should work (as long as repeats is set to false). However, I did forget to mention the context for it.

OIO has two types of ads - purchases and defaults. Due to the way it works, only purchases can be filtered out from repeating. Would you be using default ads, by any chance?

If you are using defaults, then the alternative is to create multiple ad zones with different ads in rather than re-using a single zone multiple times.

If the ads are setup as purchases and still repeats are displaying, let me know the link to your site and I'll check out whether there might be a problem with it.