Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

I don't want to display the 'Advertise Here' default ad. Is this possible? If so, how do I prevent it appearing?
    Thanks

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011

Project Admin

Check out the 'empty' parameter in the ad zone customisation options. Setting it to a value of zero will show no empty ad slots.

Thanks for your reply, however, I can't seem to get the code right.
    This is the page in question: http://www.herefordequestrian.co.uk/category/a-z/legal-matters/

The wp 'visual editor' code is as follows:
    <?php if(function_exists('oiopub_banner_zone')) oiopub_banner_zone(14, 'center'); ?>
    <?php if(function_exists('oiopub_banner_zone')) oiopub_banner_zone(22, 'center'); ?>
    <?php if(function_exists('oiopub_link_zone')) oiopub_link_zone(1, 'center'); ?>

Zone 14 is the one where I don't want to show the 'Advertise here'
    Zone 22 is the 'Gordon Lutton legal banner' on this page only, so doesnt need changing.

One of the problems is that I have an A-Z Directory, but OIO sees the whole a-Z as one page.

So what should the code be in php, so that the 'Advertise here' banner doesnt show?

Thanks

• CommentAuthorpfrauholle
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011

Hi, I have the same problem and would not like to show the "advertise here" banner. The problem occours as well, if one banner is expired, that would mean I always have to go in there manually and change the slot numbers.

Is there a way around it, to not show this default banner at any way?

Thanks,
    Patricia

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

@prauholle - have you checked out the ad zone customisation options I mentioned earlier? The 'empty' parameter allows you to control how many empty slots to display. Setting it to zero will mean you don't display any.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

@herefordquestrian - I think the code should be this.

<?php if(function_exists('oiopub_banner_zone')) oiopub_banner_zone(14, array( 'align' => "center", 'empty' => 0 )); ?>

• CommentAuthorpfrauholle
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011

Thanks that solves the mystery. :)

Unfortunately that didnt work - it removed all ads from the page. Whatever change I make, it seems to either end up with no adverts at all, or every single banner advert sitewide appearing on one page.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011

Project Admin

I'm not quite sure what the issue is - the code I posted above will stop any empty ad slots from appearing for that particular zone. It shouldn't affect any other ad zones on the page.