Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011

I'm giving this a shot since I got a feeling it might be complicated or impossible.

Is there a way to force the x type of exchange to be validated and matching the type instead of just validating the link on the advertiser's website?

Example: If the user opts for a Banner exchange, OIO will validate only the link, the user can cheat by simply placing a "Text link" instead of a banner link, any way we can force the user to place the banner based on the allowed extensions?

I understand that prior to approving the ad, we can always go and check the link and the banner, but let's say the advertiser opts to remove the banner and place a text link after a month or whichever, right about now, I dont think OIO can distinguish the link verification from being attached to a banner image or just text while both have the required link.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

I think going down that route might be a slippery slope - a user can always get around automated checks (especially as they get more and more specific) - so I'd be tempted to say rely on the existing link checking.

It may be possible to perform such a check, but nothing jumps out at me as being a particularly easy way (and may produce false positives, which would be frustrating for those using it).

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb

Ya, I guess it would be complicating things after all, thought I would give it a try just in case, thanks for your input Simon