Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorConsul
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011

I’m working with an Elegant Themes Template and have added OIO publisher, (which I think is Superb!!!) Having gone through all the OIO settings my ads do not appear in the sidebar widgets. Only ad alt title appears and on refresh the unlinked image briefly.

Tried placing images in oiopub_direct/images folder but did not work.

Any advice?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011

Project Admin

Is it possible to view the actual web page where the issue can be seen? It looks like the banner images themselves are missing or in the wrong place.

• CommentAuthorConsul
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011

Currently working offline but attached is a screen-grab of the code relating to the ad elements;

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2011

Project Admin

I tried visiting the url of the banenr ad image, from the screenshot, but received a 403 (forbidden error).

Assuming that particular directory / file exists on your server, my guess would be that there is either an htaccess file blocking access or the file permissions on that directory are set incorrectly.

• CommentAuthorConsul
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011

Hi Simon,
    Have changed settings slightly, but now no images are appearing.

Test site online now. Could you take a look and advise please.

www.luvull.com

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011 edited

Project Admin

It looks as though you've used OIO's php code in a text widget (which can't parse php code by default). A couple of options:

1.) Use OIO's javascript ad code instead.

2.) Install this WordPress plugin, to enable text widgets to parse php code.

• CommentAuthorConsul
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011

Hi, Thanks, done that. Only alt text appearing now, still no images.

The default images are placed in www.luvull.com/images/ads/..

Is this the correct path to use?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011

Project Admin

I'm afraid I'm not sure, as I'm still seeing 403 errors when trying to view the image.

My best guess would still be file permission errors, or an htaccess file blocking access. I'd have to look at things on the server myself to try and understand it better.

Simon, I seem to running into a similar issue. www.UrbanCondoSpaces.com. The link and all the functionality seem to be working, the picture unfortunately is not showing up.

Thanks,

Jeff

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012 edited

Project Admin

I get a 403 forbidden error when trying to view the image directly. I'm therefore fairly certain something is blocking access to that folder (and therefore all the images).

Try following this tutorial, which helps you check file permissions and htaccess files.

In particular, look for any htaccess files on your site and temporarily disable them (e.g. rename to .htaccess.OLD) to see if one of them is causing the block. You could even include the htaccess file in OIO's "uploads" directory too, just in case.

Ok, so I went in through FTP and found at .htaccess in 3 locations. The main directly for the blog, the home section of the blog and the "uploads" directly in the OIO pub directly. I changed all to .htaccess.old and at one point all images went down on the site. I removed each one and the problems still persists. The permissions look correct as well....hmmm?

Thoughts?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2012 edited

Project Admin

Hard to say, I've run through everything I can think of that I've seen cause similar issues in the past. Here are a couple of possible causes of action:

1.) Ask your web hosting provider to see if they know what is causing images to be blocked.
    2.) Send over some FTP details via the contact form and I'll take a quick look myself.