Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2011

Simon, why is it that if I try inserting a simple html link within those templates that it doesnt work?

I'm just trying to add a link in the following section:
    <td colspan="2" align="justify"><?php echo __oio("To activate the banner exchange, 2 steps are required: <br>1. Place our <a href="http://www.domain.com/banners.html">banner</a> with <b>'Our link'</b> on your website (see Our Link below).<br>2. Enter the URL/Link of the page where you placed our banner in the <b>'Your page'</b> field listed below.

Does HTML not work in those types of files or am I not using the html code correctly?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2011

Project Admin

Html should work ok in any of the template files (most of the code in them is html already).

The <a> code you posted looks ok, but I'd need to see the source code to have a closer look. My only other thought is whether the html is being stripped out by the translation function.

• CommentTimeJul 21st 2011

If its a translation function interfering, how can I disable it? Mind you, I'm most likely gonna need a french version in the future, so disabling that function might not be the best solution future wise.

I'm using the latest v2.5, the header gets loaded but stops at that level, the rest of the page is empty, no content, no footer, I attached the purchase_banners.tpl file (*.rar format)

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2011 edited

Project Admin

Looks as though it probably has nothing to do with translation itself...

It appears that the quotes you've used in the <a href="url"> tag are conflicting with the quotes used in the php code surrounding it (resulting in php being unable to parse the code).

Try changing to single quotes instead - <a href='url'>

• CommentTimeJul 22nd 2011

Bingo! That worked, thank you Simon!

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011

Project Admin

No problem, glad we got it working.