Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2011

Simon, is there any way to push an auto refresh on the ad zones within the same page load?
    Whether its a single 300x250 box or a 4x4 150x150 ad slot, let's say the ad zone itself will refresh after 30secs and a new banner will load within that zone.

I just saw a WP plugin that does it but clearly it doesnt offer the same extended features as OIO so was hoping if I can combine that feature?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2011 edited

Project Admin

Yes, it is possible, as long as you use OIO's javascript ad code (it isn't possible without js).

Check out the 'refresh' custom parameter.

• CommentTimeOct 29th 2011

Thank you sir! I take it it's the Refresh function set in the following way?

<?php
    if(function_exists('oiopub_banner_zone')) {
    $zone_id = 1;
    $options = array( 'align' => "left", 'empty' => "-1" 'refresh' => "30" );
    oiopub_banner_zone($zone_id, $options);
    }
    ?>

Its too bad for the other way, I mostly use PHP given the multi-site approach :(

Nevertheless, thank you for pointing it out.

P.S.: Any word on the Ad zone order display on the front end? (link)

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Almost correct, but the example you gave won't work, as it is generated using php code. Refreshing content without reloading the page is only possible with javascript:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/js.php?type=banner&zone=1&empty=-1&refresh=30"></script>

Got it, and works like a charm, Thanks Simon! (I should've realized to use the JS instead of the Php as clearly stated in the tutorial)

One thing to take in consideration when setting the refresh time is the Flash animated banners, pending on the time-frame of the animation and whatnot.