Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorsdesignz
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008

hi,

i have tried to look for this within my admin but coudn't find it. I would please like to know how do i delete banner zone that i don't want to use anymore?

thank you

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008 edited

Project Admin

I think I may have overlooked it, if I'm honest.

If the zone you're using is the last zone you have activated, then reducing the number of zones on the top right of the screen by 1 will delete it. If it's not the final zone though, then you'd have to transfer the settings over and then delete the final zone using the previous method.

I've just added a "delete zone" option to my to-do list in the new v2.0 to fix that problem.

• CommentAuthorsdesignz
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008

thank you. fixed it :)

• CommentAuthorastallings
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009

Is there still no way in v2.11 to delete a deactivated Zone 1 if you're using an active Zone 2? I'm not seeing a delete button.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009 edited

Project Admin

There isn't, but it's a limitation of the current design. I initially thought a delete function wouldn't be a problem, but later decided it was more trouble than it was worth (I didn't want to alter the database structure at that point).

Due to the fact it started as a Wordpress plugin, OIO still stores zone data as a config option, rather than there being a specific database table for zones. Deleting a zone would cause the rest to go out of sync, as the system doesn't allow for "gaps" when looping through zones.

Having said that, the version I'm working on at the moment (now finished, just testing it) uses a drop-down menu to select and view zones in the admin area. It also uses the zone name rather than just "Zone 1", so you could rename and re-use a zone without needing to think of them as 1,2,3 etc.

• CommentAuthorMoonworks
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009

I saw the difference with the drop-down menu in the custom area (where I currently have 46 different zones). It is so much better and easier to work with.

I still need to delete a zone since it is screwing up the order displayed of the rest of the zones, even though it is deleted.

We need an ability to:
    1. delete a zone, and
    2. Re-number the zones.

These are pretty basic requirements, Simon! I understand it's easier said than done, but...

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010 edited

Project Admin

Given that you can completely disable a zone, I'm not too worried about the fact you can't remove it from the admin drop-down menu. It doesn't affect the advertiser view, unlike ordering.

Hiding the disabled zones from the list is a potential option, but in most cases it's probably more beneficial to have easy access to them. They could potentially be moved to the end of the list though.

"Display order" (for advertisers) is something I'm working on currently. In the mean time, there's nothing to stop you creating your own page for listing purchases (via the "Redirect Purchase links to Custom URL" setting), if you want them in a particular order.

Some great points Simon, thanks!

Actually, when I disable the zone called "Small" it doesn't show up in the price table page visible to advertisers, but it does show up in the drop-down menu (see http://prettyshinysparkly.com/advertising/purchase.php?do=banner for what I'm talking about)

Thanks!!

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Aha, I see. That shouldn't be happening - I'll check it out.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

I found the source of the problem (only using price to add / remove the items from the menu).

I've updated the relevant files in the download (basically everything in the "purchases" folder), however since I know you've made a couple of changes to those files, you could also just set the price of the 'Small' zone to zero.

Doing that will remove the zone from the menu without you needing to update anything.

Works perfectly. Thanks Simon, you are the best!

So is this still a potential option? This post was a LONG time ago.