Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorxiaan
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2012

When the stat module is on does it hit every time when ads load? Does it insert every time when ads load?

If I use memcached will the server load decrease and I will get performance?

What else can be done to reduce server load on a high traffic site?

Thanks in advance.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2012

Project Admin

Yes, I think the bottleneck will be in the stats tracking; specifically logging of impressions (which does hit the db every time a user loads a page with ads on it).

The quickest way to test that out would be to temporarily turn off stats tracking in the admin area and see what the effect on server load is.

Using a cache to log the raw stats data, then pushing it into the database periodically, would be the way to go in such situations. I outlined to another user how I thought that would be best achieved in this thread.

• CommentAuthorxiaan

In high traffic site its a really problem. Can you please tell me what is function of CACHE CONFIG in configue.php I see there are option of file caching memcached etc

What is the use of these?

will it work same as http://forum.oiopublisher.com/discussion/2020/max-suggested-hits/#Item_4 if I install and configure memcached in my server?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

No, the cache in the config file relates to saving data from SELECT queries. The stats tracking is doing INSERT queries.

The modifications I mentioned in the other thread aren't something that OIO has built in, I only outlined how the modifications could be done.

• CommentAuthorxiaan
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012

Can I use memchache as caching engine to do the method as you outline?

Can you give me the code to write to the cache first and than to db? I am running a very high traffic site so the db is the issue. Can you please give me the code please?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012

Project Admin

At the moment I don't have any code to give you, as I've not written any. It may be something I can look into, though.