Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorjtpratt
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008

I have WP 2.6 with OIOPub 1.61, created 2 different zones (with prices), default image shows but default at will not. Plus, the default ads when entered, still display entered in the slots on the zone banners settings page after I input them and click the "update" button, but if I go to another page, and then come back to that zone settings page the default ads are all blank again as if I'd never entered them.

What could be wrong?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008 edited

Project Admin

Can you try setting the number of ads in all zones to zero, saving each zone as you go, and then try re-adding the defaults?

If it still fails to save, can you try re-downloading the plugin 'admin' and 'include' folders (in case of corruption etc), uploading it to your blog and going back through the above procedure once more. I was testing 1.61 yesterday and didn't experience any kind of similar error, so that should resolve it.

• CommentAuthormystickcal
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008

Hey Simon, I'm also using wordpress 2.6 and OIO 1.61 and I'm having the same exact problem. It didn't start happening until I upgraded to wordpress 2.6 I've tried both methods above and neither are fixing the issue.

If I try to add default ads and enter them in and then leave the page and come back, it completely clears itself. Any other advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited

Project Admin

Hmmm...WP 2.6 specific huh.

I'll run a fresh install of WP 2.6 + v1.61 of the plugin later today and see what happens. Would you be able to setup a test 2.6 install also and let me know if the same behaviour occurs (using a fresh download of the plugin)?

EDIT: just done a clean install of both wordpress and plugin, and unfortunately no sign of any errors. Did you just upgrade Wordpress, without upgrading the plugin at all when this happened?

• CommentAuthorpgesystems

I too am having this issue. It seems that the settings are not being written to the database.
    when adding default ads to settings page, it looks like it's all there. If I navigate to a different page then return to the settings, none of the default ads are listed.

I upgraded to wp 2.6. - This is when the issue started.
    I reinstalled oio plugins - complete uninstall including database, then install fresh copy of the plugin

I have not attempted a fresh install of wp 2.6, although that would be quite the pain in the posterior to have to do.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Ok, well thanks for confirming it.

If one of you would be able to send over some temporary FTP / blog admin login details via the contact form, then I can take a look at the problem first hand.

It must be a problem that occurs only when upgrading from an earlier version (I even wonder if it could be a bug with WP?), but it should still be solvable if I can take a look at the error.

• CommentTimeJul 24th 2008

info sent via private message

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008

Project Admin

Mike - I was able to login to the blog admin area, but the FTP details didn't seem to work. Could you re-check them?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008

Project Admin

I think I've found a workaround...

I've updated the plugin to v1.62, which you can download now. Mike, yours is already updated. Once updated, you should be able to update the default ads without them disappearing again.

Note that the download page will still read v1.61 initially, since I won't make the version change official until I'm sure it all works as expected.

• CommentTimeJul 25th 2008

Thanks Simon