Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012 edited

Simon, at first I wanted to know how many days in advance does OIO send out the email notifications prior to the ad expiry date, then I realised they're not even receiving the email confirmations upon activating their banners manually from the backend :(

Install: WordPress 3.3.1
    OIO version: v2.50
    Yes I receive standard WordPress email notifications (related thread)

I did a test myself: I manually created a banner ad from the backend attached to a personal email, used the Manual banner upload as usual (&upload=false) and activated the ad, no email were sent out, yet if I go back and manually expire the ad, I get the email notification to the email attached to the ad that its about to expire or already expired.

So all this time, those advertisers were never aware of their ads being activated, my fault for taking it for granted and not double checking myself by doing tests, but is that normal?

Update: Going back and Renewing the ad manually does send out the email notification, so its just that Initial activation email that doesnt seem to get fired...

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012 edited

Project Admin

Emails don't get sent out when you add / edit the purchase, via the form. It's only the action links (approve, expire, renew etc) that cause emails to be sent.

I can see why you might expect it to work this way, but the reason it doesn't is that you could end up sending out a lot more emails than you intended to, just by changing an ad's status. I'll add a note to the form, to clarify.

I'd recommend the following steps:

1.) Setup the ad via the admin area as normal, but keep the status as pending, rather than approved. You can still set it to paid, if you want.

2.) Save the ad and then go back to the list of ads and click the approve action. This will send out the email.

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012

Thank you Simon! That worked alright, I understand your point of view and indeed it makes sense, so is there an email reminder before the expiry of the ads?

By the way, can we include the time length of the purchased ads within the email notifications?

Hello Test,

Your request for a Banner Ad at bla bla has been approved! Your submission details are as follows:

Cost: 0.00
    Period: 30 days
    Title: Banner Ad, MES - Sidebar Right 150x150

If you have not already done so, you will need to complete your payment by going to the link below, before your Banner Ad will be published, if this was a free submission, then please disregard this step:

http://www.blabla.com/wp-content/plugins/ads/payment.php?rand=b-CXDSSjek736

Thank you for your business