Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorjtpratt
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008

I see in the documentation it says that custom purchases are at present "manual". Is this true? Is there no way to send someone to a "buy" page to pay for the custom purchase? I want to sell 6 months and 12 months subscriptions, and having OIO track the time left to renewal would be optimal. Is there currently a way to do this?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Manual means the purchase must be implemented by you, not the script (unless it is a download, which I included support for).

If you view the custom settings, you'll see that there are duration and max available options. You could therefore set one purchase to run on a 6 month cycle, for the user to subscribe to. You'll also be able to see the expiry / renewal date when viewing a purchase in the "Purchases" tab (and you get sent an email).

• CommentAuthorjtpratt

alright.....so customers can't buy a custom purchase at all - it's only for keeping track of stuff. It seems like it wouldn't be so hard to just make the "custom purchase" option available on the sales page would it?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008 edited

Project Admin

It does:

http://demo.oiopublisher.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/purchase.php

Implementation = getting the product to the user etc.

• CommentAuthorjtpratt

ok - this is great! So what you said earlier is incorrect. If I create a custom purchase I don't have to manually add customers in that have paid at all - I can direct them to the purchase page, they pay, OIO tracks their term, I provide the service, and OIO notifies me when their subscription is up. Perfect! I can add subscriptions to my site using OIO to accept payments and track them, thanks!

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Hehe not incorrect, just interpreted differently. ;)