Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthoraddamroy
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012

All of a sudden, when I go to 'add purchases' via the admin panel and select 'new text ad' or 'new banner ad', I'm getting an 'access denied' message.

I don't know if this is because of the new updated files from the previous fix or something else...

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012 edited

Project Admin

So it had previously worked, but then stopped working? When was the last time you remember using it, and it worked?

As a first step, it would be worth clearing your browser cookies / cache and logging in again to try it (or using a different browser) - in case something stored in the browser became corrupted.

• CommentAuthoraddamroy

That's correct, it had previously worked but then stopped working.

The last time i remember using it was when I was manually adding banner purchases into a banner ad zone.

Now that I've upgraded those 2 files, and was trying to manually add a text ad into the text ad zone it's not working, so that's the only significant event i can think of between then and now.

I will try clearing my cookies and cache and see if that works and will update this thread afterwards.

• CommentAuthoraddamroy

Cleared my cookies and cache and still having the same issue.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2012 edited

Project Admin

Trying to think what could possibly cause it to suddenly stop working. The 2 files we updated were:

* /include/output.php
    * /images/style/output.css

Updating the css file certainly won't have had any effect. The output php file also isn't loaded when you're in the admin area (the edit.php file is marked as an admin file), so it's very unlikely that updating it had a direct effect either (I did run a test, to be sure, but it was fine).

As you reported using OIO on a vBulletin forum, I'm assuming you've installed OIO as a standalone app, rather than a WordPress plugin. That also rules out any complications canused by WordPress.

Often server file permissions can cause this kind of issue (if they aren't correct, various php related functions don't work as expected). I'd therefore suggest going through the file permissions tutorial, as a first port of call.

• CommentAuthoraddamroy
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012

I haven't really made any file changes though could file permissions just change out of the blue?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012 edited

Project Admin

It shouldn't do, but I run across file permissions so often that it's worth ruling out anyway.

Other options I can think of:

1.) Any recent changes to the server or php config, that could affect sessions?
    2.) Any symlinks setup on the server that reference OIO files / folders?
    3.) I also found this discussion from 2009. Long shot, but could be this too.

• CommentAuthoraddamroy
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2012

1 - I don't know, but I'm certainly not being logged out or anything. Should I ask my host this question?

2 - I don't know what that means, I haven't done anything manually on the server, how do I check? I use URLJET which uses cpanel.

3 - Checked that and it wasn't the issue.

Also I checked the file permissions as you said and everything is normal, no change.

I noticed I also can't void or expire ads live ads.

something is completely out of whack all of a sudden this is driving me nuts and preventing me from utilizing the software properly I need some help.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2012 edited

Project Admin

It doesn't sound like symlinks would be an issue, if you haven't come across them before (they are essentially shortcuts, from one directory to another).

It might be worth asking your web host about any recent server changes, but in my experience it can take rather a long time to ascertain from them whether something has changed that is relevant.

The other option I can offer is to debug it for you, which to be honest is probably the best option (as I've already given you all the past causes I am aware of, and can't replicate the issue myself).

It involves sending over temporary access to the OIO admin area (you can change the password temporarily, then change it back again afterwards), as well as FTP login details (you can create an account that's locked down to where OIO is installed, if you prefer). I'll then be able to locate the fault point and either implement a fix or suggest exactly what to talk to your web host about - depending on what the cause is.

• CommentAuthoraddamroy
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2012

Ok, are you the ONLY person who has access to the messages submitted via your contact form?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Yep, it's just me.

• CommentAuthoraddamroy

Ok I sent you the info you need.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012

Project Admin

For now, I'll have to mark this as "unsolved". It appears that the problem might be related to a recent update of FireFox (14.0.1), although it's not possible to verify this - I use the same browser myself, without issues.

If anyone else experiences a similar issue, please post the browser make / version here.

As a workaround, please try using another browser (e.g. Chrome, IE).

• CommentAuthorgopuoio
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2013

I had the same issue recently while using "Safari version 6.0.2" but works fine on Firefox.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2013

Project Admin

Strange - I'll install that version of Safari and see if I can replicate.

• CommentAuthoraddamroy
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013

It just started happening again.

Funny thing is now I know why, silly really.

www.yourdomain.com/oio is different from yourdomain.com/oio as far as cookies are concerned.

So if you go to yourdomain.com/oio and login, then to to add a new purchase, the links go to the www. version, and screws your cookies up so you get that message.

lol

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013

Project Admin

Oh, of course! Completely forgot about that possibility...

I'll see if I can put in a forced redirect, if the url is different from that entered in the OIO config file.

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2013 edited

Im so glad I found this post, it started happening to me as well while using Chrome, I'm able to login and update existing ad zones, but couldn't edit or modify the ad purchases, I was able to after I added the www. at the beginning of the Edit link.

This started happening when I suddenly tried logging in and forgot my password, I re-entered it and logged in as normal, but then that issue came up, its no big deal, but if it can be fixed, it would be appreciated.

I do have few forced redirects in my htaccess file, but they were there all along before this issue started occurring.

Update: I dont know what just happened, but at some point, while I was manually expiring a purchased ad, it gave me the Access Denied error, I refreshed, it forced me to relogin, and now everything is back to normal, no more hassle in putting the www. at the beginning, must have been a cache/cookie thing after all, who knows.

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2016 edited

I'm only getting the Access Denied error while on a mobile phone, checked all settings and permissions and they seemed fine, this only started happening on my new phone, cleared the cache and cookies yet it's still happening :(

I only get the error when I try editing or viewing a purchased ad, yet I can login and manually create ads.

So the workaround is to type www. in the link of the Edit page and that allowed me to load the page to edit the ad

What's even more puzzling, is that the manual workaround worked with Safari on the mobile but Chrome did not have the same outcome, still Access denied.

And the winner of the puzzling behavior is when I go on the desktop and add www. onto the edit link, I get access denied (This was a provoqued error of course)

Weird non?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016

Project Admin

Oh, I wonder if it's an issue with the session cookie (being restricted to www. only). I've tweaked the "include/fucntions.php" file to see if it makes any difference to remove the www. from the cookie domain:

http://download.oiopublisher.com