Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorswisss
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012

I'm using OIO on a Wordpress Install but want to use my own Advertising page / section e.g. ~mydomain.com/advertising

(The default links to the wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/xx are all (thankfully) generating access denied errors and I certainly don't want to change permissions on anything in the wp-content folders for security reasons.

What code exactly do I copy and paste into these page/s?

Note, I want everything related to the visitor front-end advertising to be on mydomain.com/advertising, or pages linked-to from this page i.e. I do not want site visitors trolling around the wp-content folders.

Many thanks.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorswisss

... more info:

1) I've got all the ad zones setup and populated (well, a cross selection of them to test) and no issues there

2) The 'Redirect Purchase Link to Customer URL' on the settings page isn't working. The links are still going to the ..wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/.. urls instead of ..mydomain.com/advertising/

3) I couldn't use the wordpress theme setting even if I wanted to as all the OIO stuff is outside of and to the right of the wordpress theme i.e. you have to scroll to the right to find it. The theme is responsive so visitors on ipads etc just wouldn't see it apart from the fact that being outside of the theme looks a mess.

• CommentAuthorswisss

I've got it working in an iframe ... apart from the payment. Clicking the 'Click here to make payment' link just empties the iframe

I'm using PayPal only and I suspect it probably needs to break out of the iframe at this point. I can see the code and think that it just needs a target="_blank" adding? But I'm struggling to find the template

<p>
    <a onclick="document.paypal.submit();" href="javascript://">Click here to make payment</a>
    </p>

Can you please confirm I'm correct in my assumption that target="_blank" will work and which template I need to edit

Many thanks

• CommentAuthorswisss

Found the template and it does open up in a new browser window but it's totally blank - absolutely nothing in the source code either.

Help please!

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Just to clarify - you've put the OIO purchase pages in an iframe and you'd like for it to break out of the page when the user is redirected to payment (such as paypal)?

Target blank is unlikely to work on the link you mentioned, because it's a special one that actually submits a form using javascript (rather than being a normal link). It shouldn't be too hard to make it open it in the parent window, but I'll need to research it.

• CommentAuthorswisss

Yes please Simon, OIO purchase pages are in an iframe and I'd like for it to break out the of page (iframe) when being redirected to Paypal. (I've got it break out but, as you have said, the page is blank and not working)

However, there is a related problem in that the links in the emails are pointing to the ..wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/xx which now don't have a footer or header, these having been removed as the pages are shelled within the iframe. Unless you have a better solution, I'm assuming I would just change the links to mysite.com/advertising/

It would have been neater to add the OIO page template fields to the mysite.com/advertsing page but I couldn't get that to work because of the php tags - unless you have an easy way (tutorial) on how to do that?

Also the 'Redirect Purchase Link to Customer URL' on the settings page isn't working. The links are still going to the ..wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/.. urls instead of ..mydomain.com/advertising - Is there any magic to get that to work?

Many thanks Simon - your help is much appreciated.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012 edited

Project Admin

I think that adding target="_parent" to the <form> element that sends the user to paypal could do the trick.

You just need to edit OIO's "/modules/paypal/oiopub-load.php" file (the form is in the "form" function, at the bottom). You'll also need to remove the target="_blank" code from the link itself.

-------------

I can understand the need for security, but I'd recommend allowing access to the OIO directory, as otherwise you're likely to run into a number of issues. As you've discovered, things like links won't work correctly and I can't support OIO functionality inside an iframe.

• CommentAuthorswisss

I initially allowed access to the OIO directory by activating the wordpress theme, but the OIO page fields were appearing outside of and to the right of the actual theme i.e. the fields were appearing off-screen with a blank for where the field contents should have been - so how would I resolve that?

If the above could be resolved, could the wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/xx paths be masked or cloaked to look like mysite.com/advertising?

Isn't the 'Redirect Purchase Link to Custom URL' on the settings page supposed to address and resolve the above? But it doesn't work, the links are still going to the ..wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/.. urls instead of ..mydomain.com/advertising?

I'm really not happy though with having visitors overtly trolling around in the wp-content folders ... Alternatively, would it work if I ran it as a standalone app but using the existing wordpress ad zones?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012 edited

Project Admin

The "redirect to custom purchase url" option isn't a url rewrite, it just allows you to insert an additional page before users go to the purchase area - the purchase area itself will still use the standard wp-content urls.

I think the option you want is "rewrite purchase url" (near the bottom of the Settings -> General page in the admin area), which does attempt to rewrite "/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/" to "/folder/" using htaccess.

I'm not sure what will happen if access to the original wp-content directory has been denied though - it may mean the rewrite fails as well.

• CommentAuthorswisss

OK, reverting back to using the wp-content folders ... I've set the theme back to Wordpress (the iframe version was using core_custom)

How do I get the OIO fields contents to display within the page and not to the right hand side of the template? Chrome and Safari seem to be OK, the problem is with Firefox (although Chrome needed much encouragement to upload the banner image)

* First page (purchase type) displays OK
    * Second page - Ad Zone 'select' box is outside of the theme to the right at the top (list of banners is OK)
    * Third page - everything is outside of the theme to the right with a blank space where the content should actually be.

In Firebug, everything looks OK in that it seems to all be nested correctly. It's as if the depth on the page isn't sufficiently tall enough and is therefore pushing the content out of the template to the right??

http://www.dogintel.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/payment.php

(new site - only has token content so far)

Many thanks - again, I appreciate your help and feedback

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012

Project Admin

Think I've worked it out. To test it, open OIO's "/templates/core/main.tpl" template file and find:

<div id="oiopub-container" style="padding:20px 0;">

Replace with:

<div id="oiopub-container" style="padding:20px 0; clear:both;">

• CommentAuthorswisss
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2012

Simon - Yes, your solution resolved the problem. All is good and working well.

Many thanks again - your help very much appreciated :-)

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2012

Project Admin

No problem. :)