Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

Hello i am very happy with your plugin however i am having some issues since setting up multiple databases.

Basically i am using the following from the wpmu dev team Multi DB

I have a setup of 4096 databases and all the settings for my main blog are in the global database. I already have all the relevant oio publisher tables in the global database. I have also set the prefix of the oio publisher tables which is wp_

However oio publisher cant find these tables and therefore will not work.

I have tried updating the config.php with the database settings but this didnt work so now im just wondering what i have missed?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2012

Project Admin

Just to be sure - you've only activated OIO on the "main" blog, which has a table prefix of wp_ ?

Are you just trying to display ads on that main blog?

Also, do you have the exact error message that is displayed when you try to use OIO? It may give some clue as to where the problem lies.

Yes i only activated this on the main blog.

I am only displaying ads on the main blog however i may consider expanding this later down the line.

When i click on "Get Started" i receive the following message.

"Hmmm... it looks as though there has been a problem with installation. Please click here to uninstall OIO, then try the installation again.

If the problem persists, please check (or ask your web host to check) that your database has the necessary permissions to create new tables."

Any Ideas? @account1

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2012

Project Admin

I guess that the multi db plugin must be doing something that OIO wasn't expecting.

As I'm not familiar with that plugin, and you haven't yet launched the site, I think the quickest solution would be if you could give me temporary access to the site (via FTP, and admin login details) and I'll see if I can figure out where the incompatibility is.

Otherwise, I could just end up giving you random guesses and things to try, which could take a while.

If you're happy with that solution, you just need to send the details via this site's contact form - which goes directly to myself.

• CommentAuthorpagerank
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2016

Do you recall if there was a solution to this? I have the exact same issue -

Multi-DB from WPMU Dev + OIO Publisher = Error Message

"Hmmm... it looks as though there has been a problem with installation."

Thanks,
    Chris

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2016

Project Admin

I'm afraid I don't re-call. I've used OIO on a blog by blog basis with a multi-site install, though it won't work if you try and do a "network activation" (only on individual blogs).