Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthoreightturn
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013

Hi OiO folks.. I just purchased today, and was looking for help on this topic..

Through my old adserver, I was able to update the ahref link to include an onclick event that pass info over to Google Analytics.. Just like below..

<a href="%link%" onclick="javascript:_gaq.push(['_trackEvent','right-nav','clear-creek']);" target="_blank">

Anyone know how I can add the onclick event to OiO so I can capture banner click information centrally within GA?

Many thanks!

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2013

Project Admin

Sorry for the delay - are the ads you want to track those purchased by 3rd party advertisers, or ads you're placing yourself? Or both?

If you're wanting to track ones you are placing yourself, you can use OIO's "ad code" (if setting up purchased ads) / "html ads" (if using default ads) to build the <a> tag manually, including the GA code.

If you want something that is general purpose (i.e. is automatically triggered for any ad), it will require a tweak to OIO's "include/output.php" file (I can put an example together for you, if you need this option).

Good afternoon,

Could you give the example to see how it is done?
    I tried inserting it in the include / output.php file in the "format_output_banner" function but I have not gotten it to work.
    I have to put the following code -> onclick = "trackOutboundLink (" '. $ Url.' "); Return false;" within the link of the banners.

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards!