Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorehoteliers
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014 edited

Hi there: I have left OIO on a website allowing people to subscribe if they wanted to renew the link at same price. I have had 3 paid links like this created in 2K9 / 2K10 and 2K11, they got renewed but I never received any payments! and still their links are on the website active (I did not check if those were paid links unfortunately). How is it possible? what went wrong. That's quite a lot of money I actually lost and of course none of those people complained about it...

Note: I did not receive any emails saying that each link got renewed nor did I received emails saying that payment was made or not made concerning those subscriptions)

What can I do know? What do you advise?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014 edited

Project Admin

The way OIO subscriptions work is that the ad will continue to display until a signal is received from the payment processor that there was a non-payment or the subsdcription was cancelled.

Emails regarding payments are handled by the payment processor (e.g. paypal will send an email when a new payment is taken), so OIO doesn't get involved in that part.

I assume you're using paypal for the subscriptions? The first thing I'd check would be the original payments themselves within paypal - are they marked as subscriptions? If so, are they still marked as active?

P.S. as an aside, if you aren't using the latest version of OIO (2.55), I'd recommend upgrading - as older versions may contain issues.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics