Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

Hey Simon,
    I've been looking to do this for a while thinking it would contribute to the SEO or maybe it won't given the dynamics of banners been shuffled, nevertheless, I was hoping you could help me with this request.

I'm looking to output the Title and Link of a banner ad and display it underneath the banner.

Something similar to the following tutorial but instead of plain text, the banner image would be included and underneath it will be the Title of the banner with it's respective link.

Is it possible to do even if it involves manual code insertion upon creating the banner ad?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2014 edited

Project Admin

The only way I think it could be achieved as it stands is via changing OIO's "/include/output.php" file. This is only a conceptual example, so I'm not sure quite how it would turn out in practice.

In the "format_banner_output" function, there is a block of code that reads:

if(!empty($ad->item_notes)) {
    //some code here
    } else {
    //some code here
    }

Just beneath that block, you could add a link, using the "tooltip" data:

//add link below banner image
    $_content .= '<div class="title"><a href="' . $url . '">' . $ad->item_tooltip . '</a></div>';

I think the one remaining issue would be the height of the ad blocks, as they would only account for the images. You might be able to get round that by extending the height of ads by x pixels:

//this code would go at the very start of the format_banner_output function
    $this->options['height'] = $this->options['height'] + 30;

You could use css to style the link:

.oio-banner-zone .title {
    //css rules here
    }

• CommentAuthorfanaticweb
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2014

Thank you Simon, I'll give it a try (backing up the files first) and I'll update this post with the end results.