Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorsodtech
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014

Hi Support,

I have purchased OIOpublisher Ad Manager 2.55, and setup in my site badelnee.com. I want to know how the weekly ad report is created and how it sends mails. It would be very helpful to me if you can say the exact file and function that creates reports.

I found a function that sends the report.
    File: oiopub-direct/modules/tracker/oiopub-load.php
    Function: reports()

I would like to know from where the function reports() is calling and how the weekly report is preparing.

Looking for your reply,

Thank you
    Sodtech

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014

Project Admin

The method you found is added to OIO's cron jobs, within that same file:

$oiopub_cron->add_job(array(&$class, 'reports'), time()+21600, 86400);

The cron runs at a set time each day (86400s = 24h). So it's called/triggered by the cron system. You won't find any direct references to that method anywhere else.

• CommentAuthorsodtech
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.If i have opened too many tabs or window for the same application from my system and other systems at the time of cron triggering, the function reports() will execute in multiple times? (Hence the cron job is setting up using the php time and not in server cron tab).

Our issue is that, the ad publisher is getting too many emails for same ads weekly report. How i can resolve this issue.

And Another Issue:- In my application the ads is using as cost per impression. And i found some of the ads impression is going to -ve value (value less than 0), this means the ads is showing in the website still after the impression count is became zero. Give me a solution to avoid this issue too.

Thank you
    Sodtech

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2014

Project Admin

Having multiple tabs open etc should not cause multiple reporting emails to be sent. Once the cron executes once, it locks itself off so that it can't be accessed again until the current job has completed.

It's done in php rather than using crontab for the same reason WordPress does that - to make it fully self contained and not have to rely on external dependencies.

How many emails are you receiving? Are you sure they aren't for different purchases? (there should be 1 email per purchase)

---------

The tracking updates also run off the cron, in this case every 900s (15 mins). This is why it might go negative for a short while:

$oiopub_cron->add_job(array(&$class, 'tracking_update'), time()+1800, 900);

A couple of solutions would be to reduce the 900 to something smaller. You could also alter the "log_visit" method to check whether the ad has reached zero whenever an impression is logged. I wouldn't do that however, as it is likely to have a negative performance impact.

I'm having the same issue. multiple emails are being received for stats.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2014

Project Admin

Could you check whether the scheduled tasks are working correctly?

Login to the OIO admin area and at the bottom of the overview page, there is a section called "scheduled tasks". Do any of them have negative numbers against them?

• CommentAuthorcprdev
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015 edited

Hi

I'm having the same problem. My oio publisher sends emails by the minute. I'm very much new to this. Can you help me how to stop it? Is it a cronjob problem? Was a file reconfigured? I'm still in the limbo here. Any help would be great.

In my oiopub-direct/modules/tracker/oiopub-load.php, this is what I've found:
    $oiopub_cron->add_job(array(&$class, 'tracking_update'), time()+1800, 900);
    $oiopub_cron->add_job(array(&$class, 'share_stats'), time()+14400, 86400);
    $oiopub_cron->add_job(array(&$class, 'reports'), time()+21600, 86400);

It seems normal. So what else could be the problem? Which file should I edit to the change the frequency of sending emails?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2015

Project Admin

The only thing I can think of is the scheduled task being stuck in a loop somehow (normally it fires once, then is sent to the back of the queue).

It's possible it could be related to file permissions issues, so I'd recommend checking out the tutorial link below:

http://forum.oiopublisher.com/discussion/549/troubleshooting/#Item_3

• CommentAuthorcprdev
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2015

There is a reset button in the scheduled task area. Will that help?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2015

Project Admin

Yes, try clicking it to see if that helps. It resets all scheduled tasks to their default state.

• CommentAuthorcprdev
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2015

I did just that. It still sends multiple weekly reports on 1 ad. This happens every thursday. Do you know how I can fix this? Maybe there's a problem with the code probably? I'm sorry I just don't know

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2015

Project Admin

I've made a small tweak to OIO's "/modules/tracker/oiopub-load.php" file, with an extra check in case the reports function tries to run more than once on the same day.

To try it, just re-download the latest code and update that file.

• CommentAuthorcprdev
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2015

Where can I find my purchase code? Do I need to pay another $47?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015

Project Admin

No, you just need to login to the account you previously purchased with and then you can re-download the code from the following link:

http://download.oiopublisher.com