Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorvakory
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014

Hello, Simon. I have an advertiser who I had initially set up with a free 30 day trial who would like to continue and pay for the service. When I try to have them renew using the renewal link, I get the "please enter a valid website URL" even though it's obviously correct:

http://www.vabeertrail.net/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/purchase.php?do=banner&expired=b-Mt6XEFL0UO

Is there anything I can do about this? This is my first paying advertiser who's getting a little bit frustrated.

Thanks much.

Regards,
    Kory

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014 edited

Project Admin

OIO checks the validity of a URL by connecting to it. Looking at that URL, it apperars to be very slow to load and the connection is timing out.

You can increase the timeout (defaults to 5 seconds) by opening OIO's "include/functions.php" file and searching for:

if($fp = @fsockopen($scheme . $parse['host'], $port, $errno, $errstr, 5)) {

And then find:

stream_set_timeout($fp, 5);

In both cases, change 5 to 10.

• CommentAuthorvakory

Thanks for your reply, Simon. I'm afraid that didn't work. I even tried changing it to 20 and I'm getting the same results. Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards,
    Kory

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

I did make an edit to the post after I sent it (there are 2 places it needs changing to 10). Did you see both of them?

• CommentAuthorvakory

I did, thanks! Actually, I found it on my own and changed them both to 10. I'm correctly seeing the PayPal payment page now.

Thanks so much, Simon!

Regards,
    Kory

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

No problem, glad that did the trick (I changed the default to 10 in the code as well, just in case).