Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthornavinmc
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014 edited

Hi Simon,

We have a regular website which re-sizes when viewed on a mobile screen.

We are facing a problem, where banners are re-sizing when uploaded through the purchase page but not re-sizing when we place them as default images through the OIO Admin panel. We're using the same image in both cases, so there must be some setting which is wrong.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics

Im having the same problem with 728x90 header banner, Version 2.56, the google responsive code and the default 'advertise here' ad doesn't resize on mobile or PC if you make the browser smaller, I have a zone at top of post that resizes okay, my web developer has been working on this for 5 days trying to fix it without success. www.cumbriacrack.com (header banner may be disabled while trying to fix problem)

• CommentAuthorAmilaraj
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014

I am having the same issue. Simon Please need a help foe this issue

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014

Project Admin

@navinmc - would you be able to show me an example on your site?
    @Amilaraj - same question to you as well.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014 edited

Project Admin

@cumbriacrack - would you be able to provide the source code of the page when the banner is present (it doesn't look as though it's curretly there). I can then use that to see if I can spot the problem.

Hi Simon, ad is activated now code attached or you can view site

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2014 edited

Project Admin

@cumbriacrack - I've run some quick tests and I don't think there is any issue with OIO. There are just a couple of things you need to be aware of with regards to that google ad code.

1.) It doesn't appear to resize dynamically if you resize the browser window. So if you're testing mobile resolutions on a big screen, you need to resize the browser window and then refresh the page.

2.) The <div> wrapping the text widget the banner sits in is set to a fixed width of 720px, meaning it won't resize no matter how small you make the page. The google ad code looks at the width of the container and selects an ad based on those dimensions.

You should be able to fix that by changing:

<div class="headerquote pull-right" style="width:720px; margin-bottom: 20px;">

to

<div class="headerquote pull-right" style="max-width:728px; width:100%; margin-bottom: 20px;">

thanks simon, I'll pass that on to my web developer, it's not just the google ad though the OIO default white ad that says 'advertise here' doesn't resize either

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2014 edited

Project Admin

It may well be the same thing there too - a responsive ad will tend to fill the full space available within the container it is placed in, up to a max width.

So if the container is fixed to 720, that's what the ad will take up. Any fixed widths will generally have the same impact.

• CommentAuthorAmilaraj
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014

hello Simon

here is my banner http://listyourevents.com/submit-events/

please have a look top banner

• CommentAuthornavinmc

Hi Simon,

You can take a look at www.gre4you.com The banner that is not resizing is the 728x90 header near the top of the page.

Hi Simon, passed your msg to my web developer today, she tried what you said, it still doesn't work, now spent about $300 trying to fix it, can I pay you to sort it out?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

@cumbriacrack - I just had a look at the page again, but it doesn't look as though the <div> I mentioned has been changed. It's still the same as it was.

I don't have time to do a big debugging project, but if you send me temporary WordPress admin access via this site's contact form, I can have a quick look at changing that <div> html.

• CommentAuthorAmilaraj
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014

hello simon

Did you get a chance to see my site . i have the same issue I submitted the web link already

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014 edited

Project Admin

@Amilaraj - if you download OIO again and re-upload the "include/output.php" file, I think that should make the ad zone responsive.

• CommentAuthornavinmc
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2014

Hi Simon,

We have a regular website which re-sizes when viewed on a mobile screen.

We are facing a problem, where banners are re-sizing when uploaded through the purchase page but not re-sizing when we place them as default images through the OIO Admin panel. We're using the same image in both cases, so there must be some setting which is wrong.

You can take a look at www.gre4you.com The banner that is not resizing is the 728x90 header near the top of the page.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2014 edited

Project Admin

@navinmc - if you download OIO again and re-upload the "include/output.php" file, I think that should make the ad zone responsive.