Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorbalex
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2015

Good morning. I had set up several ad zones throughout my website and placed ads within the zones. Everything has been running smoothly for weeks. This morning I logged in and noticed all of my ad zones aside from the first one I created have disappeared. The ads are still there, just not assigned to a zone, since all the zones have disappeared. Do you have any idea what would have potentially caused this, and is there a way to fix this without having to recreate all the ad zones again?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

Project Admin

There are a couple of things to have a look at, although given zones don't just normally disappear, I can't say what the cause could be at this stage.

1. Manually delete the contents of OIO's "cache" directory on the server. The cache will then be re-created from scratch, so if there was an issue with the cache then the zones should re-appear.

2. If #1 doesn't work, we need to check if the ad zone data is still in the database at all (if it's not, there's nothing that can be done other than to re-install a backup or re-create the zones manually).

Assuming you have access to something like phpmyadmin (if not, ask your web host), click on the 'SQL' tab and run the following query:

SELECT value FROM wp_oiopub_config WHERE name='banners_1'

If something is returned, copy and paste it here.

P.S. I'm assuming you have installed OIO as a WordPress plugin, but if not then remove the wp_ bit of the query.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics