Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

Does your plugin currently work correctly via responsive WP themes even if we have multiple banners in one ad zone?
    If not, what information will you be able to provide to modify, so that the ads respond correctly via pc / tablet / smartphone? Thank you.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics

Hi, will you answer my question please so that I can go ahead with purchasing your plugin.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2015

Project Admin

For multiple ads in a zone, I don't yet have a way to make them fully responsive in all key scenarios. Once I have got it working well enough, it will be added to the code base. Until then, it's not a supported feature.

We are having the same problem on our site VapeOnWattReviews.com which is causing problems for potential advertisers. Would appreciate an update as soon as possible, thanks.

• CommentAuthorghorihasan
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015

Thanks Simon for your reply. I hope you will find a solution soon, I come across a plugin recently i.e.ADS PRO - Multi-Purpose WordPress Ad Manager. They are claiming that the ad zones are 100% responsive even after adding 2+ banners. Please look at it so that you find some solution. I am purchasing your plugin by anticipating responsive solution soon, And it is necessary now a days you know.

Thanks,

Ameer

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015

Project Admin

@Nigel - no additional update to give at this stage. Once I have something I'm happy with, it will be added to the codebase.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2015 edited

Project Admin

I've just uploaded v2.60, which makes OIO banner ad zones fully fluid by default - no matter how many ads in the zone.

It's not quite the same as the zone being responsive, since that would mean the configuration of the grid may change at certain screen widths. However, what it does do is ensure any banner zone always fits into the space available, which should make it compatible with any mobile/tablet optimised theme.

Feel free to download the latest version and try it out (by overwriting the existing files). I won't put it out for auto-upgrade just yet, in case there are any issues I haven't found during testing.

• CommentAuthorbghouse
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2015

Hi Simon,

Just downloaded 2.6 and wanted to say thanks for making the zones fluid by default.

For a truly mobile solution, I personally feel this is something the site owner needs to plan as it needs to be based on how the rest of the site design changes for mobile.

I've actually been doing this for a while in OIO Publisher by creating different zones and using media queries to swap them out at various sizes. Often I have banner ads at the bottom of a sidebar for instance, and on mobile they move so far down that they almost never get seen. I can instead show a new zone right at the top of the sidebar column, which is almost always under the main content on mobile. Or in a single page on a tablet, I can swap to a 486 banner right under the post.

It takes a bit more planning of course, and usually editing some theme files to put in the zones with classes that you can then use in the media query. Again, all reasons why it falls to the site owner really.

But again, thank you for making 2.6 fluid by default, as that does help immensely when using the widgets.

Barbara

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2015

Project Admin

Yep, there is no "one size fits all" for optimum creation of responsive sites.

I took a different track. I use Mobile_Detect.php to identify the screen size and then have 3 different tests for desktop, tablet and mobile. Then I create a ad zone for each size and display that zone depending on what type of device is detected. No funky stretching or shrinking.

Only thing is the customer has to choose all three if they want all of my top banner ads. On the plus side they can target mobile or desktop users differently.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015

Project Admin

Thanks for sharing your solution. More than one way to skin a cat!

Any luck with this to make the banners responsive to mobile phones etc?

Rather than making each ad in a grid a fluid width, I think it would be better to allow them to stack as necessary, as a responsive layout would normally react. When there is a single ad, it makes sense to make it fluid, but when you have, for example, 4 columns, it would be better if they were to stack for mobile display.

Thanks!

We're trying to use a plugin called Responsive Column Widgets to help display sidebar banner ads in a grid under the content when viewed on mobile or tablet. We're making progress, but Simon, are you still making progress on finding a way for banners to display in different ways, such as a grid, at specific widths?