Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

My apologies for duplicating. I added this to an existing topic, and then realized that it didn't really go there.

My affiliate reference links don't seem to be working. When entered in the address bar, the reference id falls off and it goes to the default link. Is the the normal functionality? One of the url's is http://mytechreport.com/advertise-with-us?ref=1

I haven't started taking affiliates yet but we are pushing this hard over the next couple of months and need to be sure everything is working properly.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015 edited

Project Admin

Don't worry, it is working correctly - OIO sets a cookie and then removes the ref parameter from the URL. I just tested it on your site and the cookie is set.

Ok perfect. So if anyone purchases form the affiliate url, the rep will still be credited with the sale, the the "ref id" will not be present in the url? I understand. Thank you for testing this and for the clarification.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015

Project Admin

Correct. The ref parameter in the URL is only required to populate the cookie (which is what is used to give credit for a sale).