Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthornavinmc
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2015

Hi Simon,

We have tried to upgrade the version of oio from 2.56 to 2.60 without using the web installer and we get the following fatal error

Fatal error: Class 'oiopub_alerts' not found in /home/content/75/9757375/html/oiopub-direct/include/admin.php on line 52

In addition to the error above some of the ad zones that we have specified through javascript are not displaying.

Could you please help us debug this
    our website is www.gre4you.com

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2015 edited

Project Admin

That error would indicate to me that not all the files have been successfully uploaded to the server, hence missing classes and some ads not displaying etc.

I'd try re-downloading v2.60 and uploading all the files again, as a first step.

A couple of times I've seen web hosts stop certain files being uploaded (since they think they might be malicious, based on the name etc), so if you continue to get the error it might be worth speaking to them about whether uploads could be being blocked.

• CommentAuthornavinmc
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2015 edited

Hi Simon, it WAS an issue with the web host blocking the upload of the alerts.php file. We were able to upload the file separately, and it now resides in the folder where it belongs. However, we still have issues with the previously installed banner ads not displaying.

What could be the reason for this? (We don't get the fatal error anymore).

Thanks..

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2015

Project Admin

When you say the banner ads aren't displaying, do you mean that the entire zone doesn't show up? Or that the zones shows, but some/all of the ads you've put in the zone don't show up?

Could you also give me a specific example of the zone/ads not displaying?

• CommentAuthornavinmc
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2015

If you load/reload the URL below, it displays the ads for a fraction of a second, and then removes them. The ads are to be displayed in the positions shown in the attached image file. Oddly enough, some ads are displaying correctly.

http://www.gre4you.com/

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2015 edited

Project Admin

The issue stems from the fact the containing element for some of the banners has no width set (e.g. the .ban class). Any of removing the containing element, setting a width on it, or adding &fluid=false on OIO's js would be quick fixes.

OIO contains some javascript that attempts to automatically correct containers not having a width set (so that fluid zones can work properly), but for some reason it isn't managing it on your page. The only thing I noticed that could be interfering with it was a javascript error (fb-root doesn't exist):

(function() {
    var e = document.createElement('script');
    e.src = document.location.protocol + 'http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js';
    e.async = true;
    document.getElementById('fb-root').appendChild(e);
    }());

Try correcting that error to see if it makes any difference.

• CommentAuthornavinmc
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2015 edited

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

We are able to patch up the desktop site by inserting the &fluid=false code into the javascript. However, something seems to have happened to the responsiveness of the site in the process of upgrading OIO publisher. It no longer shows correctly on a mobile smartphone screen. Could you please have a look at the site on a smartphone and suggest a fix?

Thanks.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2015

Project Admin

Setting fluid=false stops the ads being responsive (by fixing the width), so I wouldn't use that particular solution for a responsive site.

You need to set widths on containing elements such as .ban (e.g. width: 100%), so that OIO can work correctly on responsive sites.

As I mentioned, normally OIO deals with containers without widths itself, but for some reason it isn't on your site. That may be down to the javascript error I referenced or some other conflict.