Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

Maybe I am not understanding the "category" field in the "new add" screen. From what I understand you create a new ad for a zone and select which category you want it to show under. So I have Zone 4 displaying on all of my category ARCHIVE pages. I want the "Joe's Real Estate Service" ad to show up in my "Real Estate" category page and the "Mary's Restaurant" ad to show up only on the "Food and Drink" category page. They are both applied to the same zone but I assume would only show on their perspective pages (or pages that are NOT category pages).

This expected result is not happening. I have my ads assigned to their proper categories and I used the PHP version of the embed code to display the ad on my Category Archives page templates, yet all ads for that zone are being displayed on all categories.

What am I missing here?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015

Project Admin

If the category option is switched on for a particular zone, OIO will then check for a couple of things:

* Is the page being viewed a category page?
    * If it isn't a category page, what categories are assigned to the posts on that page?

Which ads could display on a page because one of the posts is assigned to the same category as the ad.

By default, OIO will also check for any matching parent categories (e.g. if the category heirachy was Sport -> Tennis, an ad that was placed in the Tennis category would also show in Sport, since Tennis is a Sport).

In that case, I am certain this is not working then. I have a category archive page called "Automotive". I want only ads with the "automotive" category selected in the "add new ad" field. The problem is that when I go to the automotive archive page I am still seeing ads that were assigned to different categories (none of parent/ child relationships).

So here is my question. If an ad in "automative" was also added to "real estate", when I view the automative category page, will it also register as real estate and therefore show the real estate ad as well even though I am on the automative archive page??

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2015

Project Admin

For a category archive page, it won't (or at least, it shouldn't) look for ads in any category other than those in that category OR any ads that don't have a category assigned (they are assumed to be global ads).

I just looked up how to get the category ID for an archive page and OIO is doing it in the way suggested by the WordPress documentation. Is it possible to see a live example on your site?