Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorjjyubero
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2015

Hi,

I have a domain where I have defined 4 zones and 15 subids for 15 subsets of pages in order to be able to set up different ads to each zone of each subset of pages. That's OK and that's up and running.

Sometimes I have the same Ad for various subsets of pages and it would be very useful being able to define various subid for the same Ad when setting it up in the section Ad purchase instead of having to repeat it once for each subid.

Would it be possible in some way? I have tried to define subid with a set of three comma separated subids but it didn't work.

Thank you very much!

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2015

Project Admin

I think this little hack might do the trick. In OIO's "include/output.php" file:

FIND

$sql_extra .= " AND item_subid IN('" . implode("','", $subids) . "')";

REPALCE WITH

$tmp = array();
    foreach($subids as $sid) {
    $tmp[] = "item_subid LIKE '%," . $sid . ",%'";
    }
    if($tmp) {
    $sql_extra .= " AND (" . implode(" OR ", $tmp) . ")";
    }

To make this work, you'd need to enter the subids with commas at each end too or it won't get picked up in the search:

• CommentAuthorjjyubero
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2015

Thanks Simon!

I have tried your solution and it works!

Are you willing to include this feature as an standard for future versions of the module? Or should I keep current version and not to update it in order to keep it working?

Thank you very much.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015

Project Admin

It's probably not the optimal solution, so for the time being I would just keep a reference to the update you made.

• CommentAuthorjjyubero
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2015

Please, let me another question ahead.

I have already set up subids and it's working when setting up purchases in Ad Purchase Menu.

But, what if I want to use online form to let advertisers to buy space?

I have used a custom URL such as

http://www.domainname.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/purchase.php?do=banner&zone=8&subid=subid_name

And it works, the Ad is bought correctly.

But If I try to buy another ad for the same zone but another subid such as

http://www.domainname.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/purchase.php?do=banner&zone=8&subid=another_subid_name

Then it doesn't work and the systems says there is no availability for such zone.

Please, could you help me?

Thank you very much.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2015

Project Admin

If you increase the "rotation factor" for that zone, you'll get more available slots. You can increase it as much as you want to give more advertisers a chance to purchase in that zone.

• CommentAuthorjjyubero
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015

Increasing the "rotation factor" does not solve the issue.

I have got 8 subid for the same zone in order to display 8 different ads in 8 different sections of the web site. I could increase "rotation factor" to 8, but I could have 8 advertisers for the same subid and no slot available for the rest of subid having them without any ad.

When checking for availability of a zone, could not be possible to check it together with subid?

Thanks!

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2015

Project Admin

Ideally, yes it would look at subID etc, but it doesn't do this currently. Increasing the rotation factor to a high enough number will at least mean purchases can be made regardless of subID.