Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

I am currently selling ads on my site by using the Paypal subscriptions but once someone starts a subscription I then manually have to ad my sponsors buttons to my site. We are switching over to OIO and I was wondering if I can link my sponsors current subscriptions to an OIO ad or will I have to cancel their current subscriptions and have them resign up? I would rather not hassle my current advertisers with this... and of course it leads me with a weird amount of unused time on each of their accounts that I would have to account for. Advice?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015

Project Admin

The only link between OIO and a subscription is the "notify url" that paypal has. It basically calls the notify url if the subscription is cancelled, and OIO then disables the ad.

I don't know of a way to manually adjust that within paypal, so the options I can see would be:

1.) Setup ads manually in OIO via the admin area, to bypass payment, and then if a subscription ends in paypal manually disable the corresponding ad.

2.) Cancel the current subscriptions and ask them to re-do it via OIO.

If you don't have too many subscriptions / ads to keep track of, #1 might be the best solution.

• CommentAuthorweefolkart
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015

Ok - That's what I figured. I have already gone ahead with option 1. That should be fine as I only have a handful using the subscription mode atm.

Thx