Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthordculpepper
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007

Hello Simon,

So far I am absolutely loving OIOpublisher... very nice work! I have a couple of simple requests and one new feature suggestion for future releases.

1. Add a link tooltip and explanation for the Subscription option. I have had a couple of people ask if they are signing up for a newsletter.

2. Make the "Unavailable" test an option in the language files. I have customized in the actual files but it would be easier if this were an option in the language files.

3. Would it be possible to make the "Advertise Here" links editable? I have changed these to point to the advertising info page on my site but it would make upgrading easier if this was an option.

I would like to see discounts for long-term purchases added as an option in future versions. Kind of like... if you buy a link for 3 months you get X% off your purchase. Give buyers an extra incentive to commit to a longer term.

And a question... How do I disable the new conversations module? I don't want that visible to my paid writers. Admittedly, I don't really understand what it is for but it just seem like one thing I can't control on my multi-author blog. Do I just delete those files or is there a setting that I haven't found?

Thanks!

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007 edited

Project Admin

I'll try and take in as many of those suggestions for a future version. Won't be the next one, since the next release contains a link click / impressions tracker module, for the issuing of advertiser stats.

Conversations Module - it needs more documentation, but it will probably end up being the most powerful feature in the entire plugin. I made this page a few weeks ago, but it gives you the jist of what its about:

http://groups.oiopublisher.com/concept/

To remove it from view, you have to delete the module from the "modules" directory. However you've just reminded me that I need to tweak the permissions to only allow admins to see the new areas in the post management page. So if you want to have a look at it without non-admins being able to see anything, simply download the social module again now (just updated it).

• CommentAuthordculpepper
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007

Thanks... I'll give it a look.