Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorSamuel42
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2015

Hi, I just purchased your plugin and I'm trying to learn how to use it.

Something odd I'm noticing is that when I fill the field in for url link sharing, then my zone shows an advertise here link, but when I empty this field, all I see is a link to your website. When the advertise here link is available, I click it to test how it works and choose the payment rather than link sharing, but I get an error if I do not provide a url that contains the link sharing url.

I don't want to do link sharing, just the standard payment type. I have paypal setup. What do you think I am missing? My website is http://tall.life.

Thanks,
    Sam

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2015

Project Admin

I think you just need to set a price for the ad zone, then you'll get the advertise here link without needing link sharing. The "OIOpublisher.com" link only appears if you've setup an ad zone to display on the site, but there is nothing to show and you've not set a price (i.e. it's more of a demo than anything).

• CommentAuthorSamuel42

You were right, I thought I had entered this, but maybe because I dumnly used a dollar sign it removed it...

This is very sleek, I like it.

Some more questions for you:

1. Do you have a guide somewhere on how to setup adsense ads as backups for when the space hasn't been sold?

2. I would like an advertise here text link below the ad, how can I set this up?

3. In regards to recurring payments (subscriptions), how does it work if I want to change the price, do they automatically pay more or do I have to cancel their subscription and ask them to resubscribe?

4. Is there a way to allow the advertiser to choose between cost per click and per time frame (within the same ad zone)?

5. Do you know of any good guides for establishing pricing and putting together media kits for justifying this, I'm totally new to this.

Thanks,
    Sam

• CommentAuthorSamuel42

a couple more for you...

6. Is there a way to add drop shadows, borders, and captions (perhaps from the alternative text)? I want to mimic the look of the thumbnails I have on this page: http://tall.life/furniture-office/

7. How do subscriptions work for impressions and clicks? Is the advertiser automatically billed once they run out of clicks or impressions?

Thanks,
    Sam

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2015

Project Admin

1.) Check out the "default ads" section of the quick start guide.

2.) I'd add that manually, just below the ad zone (e.g. <p><a href="/purchase/link/goes/here">Advertise here</a></p>). If you're using the OIO widget, you could swap to a text widget and use OIO's php or javascript ad code instead.

3.) Any price change won't apply to existing subscriptions, so you'd need to cancel them and then have the advertiser set it up again.

4.) No. It's one option or the other, for any given ad zone.

5.) Nothing specific, I'm afraid. Google is probably your best resource for that one!

6.) You could copy the css those particular images use, but apply it to an OIO banner image. Example below, which you could try putting in your main css file (although untested).

.oio-banner-zone img {
    border: 1px solid gray !important;
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 30px rgba(0,0,0,.2) !important;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 30px rgba(0,0,0,.2) !important;
    box-shadow: 0 0 30px rgba(0,0,0,.2) !important;
    -moz-border-radius: 10px !important;
    -webkit-border-radius: 10px !important;
    border-radius: 10px !important;
    }

7.) Subscriptions only apply to the "day rate" option.

• CommentAuthorSamuel42
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2015 edited

Thanks for your responses, a couple followups on question 6:

First, is there any way to have a caption for the ad, just like my thumbnails have? Perhaps there is a way to use the alternate text for this purpose?

Second, I gave the ad image identical css as my other image thumbnails, and it did add a border, but it is missing the drop shadow and looks a bit different than my thumbnail. Below is the url I'm referring to (see green shirt at bottom of page) and the css I'm using. Any thoughts why the style looks different?

http://tall.life/clothes/

#primary .gallery img {
    padding: 1px;
    background: #FFFFFF;
    border: 1px solid #808080;
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 30px rgba(0,0,0,.2);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 30px rgba(0,0,0,.2);
    box-shadow: 0 0 30px rgba(0,0,0,.2);
    -moz-border-radius: 10px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 10px;
    border-radius: 10px;
    }