Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

Using windows 2008 R2. When submitting the banner ad it uploads to the uploads folder but when you go to the Ad Purchase screen and click on Banner Ads and try to view the banner I get 500 internal server error. If I FTP that file to that uploads folder and type in the URL for that banner I can view without errors. I know it's permission issue and happens when people upload the banners thru the ad ordering system. I did rename the htaccess file to make sure that its not an issues which was on one of the support pages. Any ideas... I'm sure you have other customers using wordpress and running on windows server.

Using wordpress 4.3
    using OIOpublisher 2.6 (downloaded few days ago and configuring / testing)
    Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2015

Project Admin

It's not something I've come across for a long time. It's probably related to how php is setup on that particular server (as opposed to a general issue with OIO + Windows).

One thing you could try is commenting out or removing the following line of code in OIO's "include/uploads.php" file:

@chmod($this->upload_dir . $this->name, 0644);

Beyond that, I'm not sure what the cause would be. Most likely a php configiration issue, as OIO doesn't do anything fancy with the upload and uses standard php functions.

after doing more research found the answer for those Windows server 2008 R2 users out there having the same issue with permissions. http://www.howyoudo.info/index.php/how-to-fix-windows-server-upload-file-inherit-permissions-error/ check the permissions for the temp folder identified in php.ini file. What is happening is when the file is uploaded to the temp folder it inherits the permissions of the temp folder and when it's moved to the upload folder it keeps those permissions of the temp folder. Match the permissions of the upload folder to the temp folder and it should solve the problem.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2015

Project Admin

Thanks for sharing your solution!