Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorixodie
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2016

I was wondering how I can setup OIO to leverage my CDN for the banner images?

We have a "pull" zone on our CDN, meaning if you change www in our url to cdn it will display the image from the CDN instead of the local server. Right now the server is getting a large amount of load from the banner requests.

If OIO can be configured to use cdn instead of www when the js script fires then the exact same image will be loaded (much faster) and with less load on our server.

Can you please help us do this?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorixodie
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2016

I should mention that based on another thread here I tried to hardcode the host in js.php:

this.script_host = 'https://cdn.xxx.com';

And this does not work. When I did this the js banners stopped working but the widget version of the banners seem to be working properly (not rewritten though).

Any help would be appreciated! This is quite a bit of load on our server at the moment so we are eager to get the images off the CDN instead.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2016

Project Admin

If you can change the URL and it will automatically take the local image on to the CDN, then I think a quick hack that might work would be to open OIO's "include/output.php" file and find:

$output = str_replace(array( 'px%', '%px' ), array( 'px', '%' ), $output);

Then below that, add a line such as:

$output = str_replace("www.yourdomain.com", "cdn.yourdomain.com", $output);

If you change yourdomain.com to your actual domain, then it should automatically replace it with the cdn URL.