Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorephraim
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2016

When a customer makes a nrew purchase of an ad (Banner), the system walks them through the submission process (purchase.php) When the customer clicks on "Continue to Checkout", the system pauses for a long time (~10 seconds) and then the browser kicks back an error "No data received ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" with details stating the server sent do data.

However, the emails are sent appropriately and the ad now exists in the system. In other words, it works, but the result is confusing to the user resulting in them submitting multiple ad requests. Any ideas?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2016

Project Admin

Hmmm not one I've come acrss before. Are any errors logged by the server during that waiting time? Does it always happen, or only sometimes?

• CommentAuthorephraim
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2016

I monitored the logs as I ran a purchase through. There is no entry in the error_log and only a 200 access line under the access_log. It's like the the server just forgets to respond or the browser timeout is too short.

I have noticed that when I make changes from the backend there is also a long delay, but it does respond.

Chrome give an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

FF throws a "Secure connection failed" response.

I am using the WordPress SSL plugin. I'll upload the changes from the other ticket and retry with the SSL plugin disabled and report back.

• CommentAuthorephraim
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016

The Hosting provider completed the move to the new server with updated software today and everything works like it's supposed to. I'm going to chalk this one up to outdated PHP most likely.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

Project Admin

Great, thanks for leeting me know.