Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

Hi,

I have a plugin which allows me to assign pages to categories just like you can do with posts (they share the same categories). I was hoping that this might give me the ability to only display certain ads on certain pages with your category filter system.

Unfortunately, instead of the desired effect, the page just shows all ads in that zone. Do you know of any way that I might be able to get this to work as intended? Being naive when it comes to programming I'm hoping that it might be as simple as adding pages to its list of checks. It's not going to be that simple though... is it?

This plugin is awesome and has saved me countless hours of work (thank you!!) but if there was a way to do this it would save me making a separate zone for each page (of which there are many).

My current setup:
    A page with one category (that has no parent). Using the OIO ad zone widget in the sidebar.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2016

Project Admin

If you apply and view that same widget on a post (as opposed to a page), are the ads displayed then just limited to category?

If the answer is yes, then it will likely be that OIO can't pick up the category that has been associated with the page. Maybe if you let me know what the other plugin is I'd be able to see whether there is an easy way to detect the category of the page automatically.

If I use the widget on a post it works perfectly, yes.

Here is the plugin that I am currently using https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-category-to-pages/ (apparently based off this tutorial http://spicemailer.com/wordpress/add-categories-tags-pages-wordpress/)

If you have a chance to take a look that would be greatly appreciated.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2016

Project Admin

I've installed the plugin and had a look at how it works, but I'm not sure how the category ID can actually be returned for a page (it looks as though it should work in the same ways as posts, but the data isn't there).

So unfortunately for now, I've drawn a blank.