Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorphilesq
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008 edited

I logged in to phpMyAdmin to create the three tables, but next to the name of the table is a field asking for the number of fields. I do not know what to enter for that.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008 edited

Project Admin

All the database queries can be run by:

1.) Open up phpMyAdmin
    2.) Select the correct database, and click the "SQL" tab at the top of the page
    3.) Copy and paste the table queries (from the README file) into the textbox on that page, and press the Go button

That will automatically create the tables you need for the affiliate module.

• CommentAuthorphilesq
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008

I pasted the tables one at a time (I didn't know if I should do it one at a time or all three at the same time) and now have a couple of more questions. I clicked on the Query tab. Under Use Tables, I selected the _CONFIG table, pasted the first query and received the following message: You have to choose at least one column to display

What should I do now?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2008

Project Admin

Are the tables now created?

Assuming they are, the 2 queries (not table creation) you need to run, can be done in the same manner. Using the SQL tab, then pasting them into the textarea, and pressing the Go button.

• CommentAuthorphilesq

My hosting company said the problem was that I was trying to run the query from the Query tab. They told me to run the query from the SQL tab. I did that and uploaded all files. I logged into the admin control panel and there is no Affiliates Settings menu.

There is no theme folder, so I uploaded the .tpl files to both the /templates folder and to the BlocksV3-2 folder which is the theme I am using.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

The theme directory would be the 'BlocksV3-2' folder in your case, since its where the user templates are stored. Have you also uploaded the correct files to the admin directory, and admin templates directory (can be found at templates/core/admin)?

For the affiliates menu to appear in the admin area, you must also have completed all the file edits listed in the README file (5 in total). Once that has been done, everything should show up correctly.

• CommentAuthorphilesq

I completed all the file edits according to the instructions. There were a couple of instructions that I was unsure of and since I do not know how to write code I had to make an assumption. For instance, paragraph #4 says to add the code to the bottom of the file, but I added the code at the bottom of the file but above ?>.

All the files have been uploaded to the appropriate folders. I still do not see the affiliate admin section. I don't know what to do now.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2008 edited

Project Admin

Would you like me to take a quick look at it? Just email me at admin[at]oiopublisher[dot]com with some FTP login details, and I can check everything over for you.

I'd also ideally need temporary access to the admin area of the directory, to check whether things were displaying right.