Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorarohaninc
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009

I am running OIO plugin (ver 2.08) for wordpress to manage a few ad zones and I am also running OpenAds to manage a few other ad zones and I find that the following error shows up (intermittently)

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare geoip_load_shared_mem() (previously declared in /home/arohanin/public_html/personaldividends/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/modules/demographics/geo/geoip.php:223) in /home/arohanin/public_html/openads-2.4.3/plugins/geotargeting/GeoIP/data/geoip.inc on line 230

I first thought of disabling the demographic module in OIO but could not find a way of doing that. Anyway I can fix this quickly?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009 edited

Project Admin

Looking at that error, it seems as though OpenAds doesn't check to see whether the geoip functions have already been loaded before loading them again.

OIO does already perform this check, but it can't do anything about code that is loaded afterwards, as in this case. There are 2 options open to you therefore:

1.) Delete the OIO demographics module. It will mean that you can't use geolocation with ads, but will stop the conflict.

2.) Make a change to the OpenAds code to only include the geoip.inc file if the geoip functions don't already exist (example php code below). This would require knowledge of where the geoip.inc file is included however.

if(!function_exists('geoip_load_shared_mem')) {
    //OpenAds geoip.inc include here
    }

• CommentAuthorarohaninc
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009

Simon, how do I delete OIO demographics module? I am using the plugin version of OIO and I could not find any place in the WP Admin panel to delete or deactivate a module

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

That particular module doesn't have any settings associated with it, so you'll need to delete it via FTP (in the oiopub-direct/modules folder).

• CommentAuthorarohaninc

Done and seems to be working with no more problems. Thanks!!!