Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorwaraas
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008

I was wanting to have text links on a few other of my sites that are non-wordpress based. The main site would be wordpress, where the advertiser can sign up and purchase advertising space. So I was woundering if there was a way to post the advertisement on my other sites.

Maybe an include or iframe? Thanks for your help :)

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008

Project Admin

Ah, I just replied to you via email, but didn't realise you'd be handling things centrally via a Wordpress installation.

All of the ad output is handled by a file called output.php. Ads can be called through a simple function, such as (example for banner ads):

<?php oiopub_banner_output(); ?>

Now, I think it would definitely be possible to re-create that page, with its own generic database connection, so that your other sites could access the Wordpress database, and then output what it finds there.

So it would be a case of taking the output functions, connecting them up to the database (requiring replacing of the wordpress $wpdb variable), and then including that file in your other scripts, and putting the output functions where you'd like.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics